The System is designed to help those in the hospitality industry manage their purchasing, stock control and time.
It is important to ensure that the correct suppliers are added to the system to allow purchase management against the appropriate suppliers.
The following document will outline the best practice method for adding suppliers to the system.
Before Adding a New Supplier
Fig 1 - Browse Suppliers Screen
- Search the supplier list to check if the supplier is already available on the system. If the supplier already exists the supplier does not need to be added to the database.
Fig 2 - Searching for an Existing Supplier
Adding a New Supplier
Fig 3 - Supplier Management Link
- To add a new supplier, expand Supplier Management > Add New Supplier.
Fig 4 - Supplier Search
- Enter a few letters of the supplier to be added to the system in the search box and select the search arrow or press enter to search the Fourth Hospitality database of available suppliers to add to the system
Fig 5 - Suppliers That Match The Search Criteria
- The suppliers meeting this criteria will be displayed.
Fig 6 - Selected Supplier Details
- When the list of available suppliers meeting the search criteria is displayed, select the appropriate supplier and the details will appear on the right hand side. At this point confirm that this is the correct supplier to be added to the system by checking the name, address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address.
Fig 7 - Add Supplier to Sites Option
- When the supplier has been confirmed select to add the supplier to no sites and select finish to add the supplier to the system.
- It is best practice to select no sites when adding a supplier to ensure that:
- The supplier is not added to the system in error as it becomes more difficult to remove a supplier from the system once it has been assigned to site
- The suppliers’ shipping details can be configured before addition to site i.e. delivery days, cut off times, minimum and maximum order amounts
- The supplier can be added to the appropriate sites e.g. a beverage supplier may only needs to be added to a beverage location.
Fig 8 - Supplier Successfully Added Confirmation
- When the supplier has been successfully added to the system the above screen will be displayed.
- Another supplier can then be added or the window closed.
Fig 9 - Demonstrates That The Supplier is Available
- The supplier is now available on the system to edit and assign to the relevant locations
If The Supplier Is Not in the Fourth Database
Fig 10 - No Suppliers Found
- If the supplier required is not present on the Fourth database the Service Team will need to be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org to add the supplier to the Supplier Global Database
- Please bear in mind that prior to making additions/ amendments to the database direct supplier confirmation is required.
- Suppliers can email us directly with their request or you can forward us their prior agreement for the addition/amendment to be made
- When contacting the Service Team to add a new supplier to the database please provide the following mandatory details:
- Supplier Name
- Supplier Full Address
- Supplier Phone Number
- Supplier fax number
- Supplier generic e-mail address(i.e. email@example.com)
- Transmission preference for orders: Email or Fax or Phone
Note: Please allow up to 72 hours for the supplier to be created on the Fourth database.