This article describes the process for creating and managing Standing Orders in FnB (formerly known as FnB Live).
A Standing Order is an agreement between the customer and the Supplier to deliver chosen Products on specific assigned days of the week without the need for a physical order to be created and sent to the Supplier.
Please Note: FnB will not send any order to the Supplier. It will generate a Delivery Note on FnB only on the Delivery Days which have been selected when creating the Standing Order.
If the Delivery Day of Tuesday is selected, then FnB will generate a Standing Order delivery note every Tuesday and input it into the PENDING section, which can then be approved when the delivery has come in.
Creating Standing Orders
To create a Standing Order:
- Select the Ordering tab
Select Manage Standing Orders
Fig.1 – Ordering Tab + Manage Standing Orders
- Select New
Fig.2 – New Standing Order
- Enter the required fields, e.g. Title, Supplier Name, Delivery Days
Fig.3 – Standing Order Information
- Select Add
Fig.4 – Add Button
- Select the required Products and enter the quantities
- Select Save & Return
Fig.5 – Save & Return
At this point, once the chosen Products and quantities have been added, the Standing Order status will default to New, and will need to be reverted to Active in order for the Standing Order to take effect and generate the corresponding Delivery Notes.
To do so:
- Select Edit on the Standing Order
Fig.6 – Status Deactivated Message
- Use the Status drop-down menu to change the Standing Order to Active
Fig.7 – Setting Status to Active
The Standing Order is now active, and will generate the corresponding Delivery Notes on the chosen assigned Delivery Days.
Things to Consider
- Auto generated Delivery Notes will not actually be sent to Suppliers and no order is physically forwarded to Suppliers. Only a Delivery Note will be created on the system to approve once the delivery comes in
- The auto-generated Delivery Notes will only be generated and appear on Stock Management > Pending screen on the chosen assigned Delivery Days
- When creating a new Standing Order, the Status will always default to New and will need to be reverted back to Active in order for the Standing Order to take effect
Please sign in to leave a comment.