This article demonstrates how to regain access to Purchasing & Inventory (P&I - formerly known as Adaco), in the event a user has forgotten their username, password – or both.
If logging in through the Fourth app via single-sign-on (SSO) to access Purchasing & Inventory, please refer to Accessing Fourth's Solutions - Fourth Engage/Employee Self Service
Users who experience difficulty launching P&I can refer to Purchasing and Inventory - Error Message: Application Cannot Be Started
Property List Not Showing
If the Property drop-down list does not display any Properties, this can be caused by two issues:
- Username is Incorrect: The Property list is controlled by the username. The outcome of this is that the user only has visibility of their Properties. If a username is entered incorrectly, nothing will display in the Property drop-down.
- User has been deleted: If a user is deleted from all relevant Properties, nothing will display in the Property drop-down.
If seeing this error or unsure of the username, please contact an internal administrator for P&I.
Fig.1 – Blank Property drop-down
Steps for an End User - Reset Password
- On the login page, select Forgot your password?
Fig.2 - Selecting 'Forgot your password?'
- Enter the email address that is registered against the username
- Select Reset Password
Fig.3 - Resetting own password
An email will then be sent to the user's associated email address which contains password reset instructions.
If the email address entered does not match that which is registered against the username, the error message as shown in Fig.4 will display. If seeing this error, or unsure of the username, please contact an internal administrator for P&I.
Fig.4 - Mismatched email address message
Steps for an Internal Administrator
There could be various reasons as to why a user is unable to reset their password. An incorrect username may have been entered, or the user's profile is currently not active.
- In the taskbar, go to Property > User Center
Fig.5 - Property > User Center
A list of active users will display.
- If the user is not present in the list, confirm the correct Property is being used, as they may exist elsewhere or have no active profile
- Search for and select the relevant user profile - either double-click it or use the Details button
- Verify the correct Email Address and User name from the User Settings page
- If the User Name or associated Email Address is incorrect, advise the user accordingly or update the record as required
- The user can then retry resetting their own password as per the instructions above
Fig.6 - User Settings page - User name and Email Address
If the user is unable to reset their own password:
- Right-click the user from the main list in the User Center, and select Reset Password
A temporary password will be sent to the registered email, and when the user logs in for the first time they will be prompted to choose a new password.
Fig.7 - Manually resetting a user's password
After completing all of the above steps, if there is still an outstanding issue – please raise a case with Fourth's technical support team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.