There are times when managers may need to define an employee's job more specifically when scheduling. Locations are associated with job codes to allow managers to define the role or section/area an employee may be working.
Examples may include:
- Upper Bar
- Section A
- Head Wait
Before locations can be applied to a schedule, they must first be created in the Store settings.
- Navigate to the Settings tab, then select Store
Fig.1 - Navigation
- Select the Locations tab, then select ADD A NEW LOCATION
Fig.2 - ADD A NEW LOCATION
- A pop-up window will display
- Enter the Location Name
- Select the jobs the location should be associated with
- Select ADD LOCATION
Fig.3 - Add a New Location modal
- Select the three-dot menu for the location that needs to be edited, then select Edit Location
Fig.4 - Edit Location
- A pop-up will display
- Update the Location Name if needed
- Add or remove the Available Jobs
- Select Done
Fig.5 - Edit a Location
Please note: Locations created at the group level may have restrictions to what can be updated. Please reach out to the administrator of your organization to request changes to objects at the group level.
Fig.6 - Group-level object