To speed up the process of opening a new Site(s), a clone can be carried out - taking a copy of an existing Site and using that as a starting point. Site clones are carried out by Fourth, for a charge, following submission of a completed site clone template by the customer. The cloning process copies suppliers, products and recipes from the chosen Site.
- First, please complete the site clone template (a download link can be found at the bottom of the page), using the instructions provided in this article.
- Then request the site clone by raising a ticket with the Fourth support team, attaching the completed template. For guidance, please see Customer Success Portal: Raising and Managing Support Tickets
On receipt of the template, the new Site(s) will be created and/or cloned within 5 working days.
The cost for a site clone is £175. Once cloned the contracted monthly charge per Site will be activated for the new Site.
Filling in the Template
The site clone template is in XLSX format and can be edited using Microsoft Excel. Any fields marked with ** on the template are mandatory - if these are not completed the form will be returned.
Fig.1 - Site clone template in Excel
Column A - Site Code of the New Site
This code is the link between your EPOS provider and Inventory.
- To find the Site Code for an existing Site, go to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy > expand to find Site > select Site > Edit
The Site Code can be found at the top of the screen.
Fig.1 - Site Code
Column B - Site P2P Code
This code is used for EDI ordering to identify the Site that orders are generated from. Typically this is the same as the Site Code.
- To find the P2P Code for an existing Site, go to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy > expand to find Site > select Site > Edit
The P2P Code can be found at the bottom of the screen.
Fig.2 - Site P2P Code
Column C - Group Name (Menu Cycles customers only)
If you use the Fourth Menu Cycles solution this is used to link the relevant group in the Recipe & Menu Engineering module to the Site in Inventory. It links the recipes that are allowed to be selected to create a menu cycle against specific Sites.
- To find the Group Name, access Recipe & Menu Engineering and go to Admin Tab > Groups > select Group
The Group Name is shown at the top of the page.
Fig.3 - Group Name
Column D - Accounting System Code
This code is used to link the Inventory Site to the Analytics module.
- To find the code for an existing Site go to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy
- Expand to find and select the Unit (house icon) and select Edit
The code is listed against Accounting System Code (PS)
Fig.4 - Accounting System Code in Inventory
If using Fourth's Workforce Management (WFM) solution, the Accounting System Code in Inventory needs to match the code set there for that Site.
- This code can be found following the path in WFM: HR> Company Admin> Locations> Accounting System Code (you may need to request it from your WFM system administrator)
Fig.5 - Accounting System Code in WFM
Column E – Brand
This column can be used to indicate where in the organisation hierarchy the new Site should be situated.
- To view the hierarchy within Inventory, go to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy
- In the template enter the name of the Brand (denoted by the folder icon) that the new Site should be added to
If left blank in the template, the new Site(s) will display at the 'top' of the hierarchy, outside of the Brand folders, on the page shown in Fig.6.
Fig.6 - Organisation Hierarchy Showing Brands
Column F – Area
As per column E, this can be used to indicate where in the organisation hierarchy the new Site should be situated if there are multiple entity levels defined.
- In Inventory navigate to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy > use the + icon to expand the areas of the hierarchy to view the levels underneath
- In the template enter the name of the Area (as per the folder icon name) that the new Site should be added to
Fig.7 - Organisation Hierarchy Showing Areas
Column G - Unit Name
This will be the name of the new Unit created via the cloning process.
- To find an existing Unit navigate to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy > Expand to find Unit (denoted by the house Icon)
Fig.8 - Organisation Hierarchy Showing Unit
Column H - Site Name
This will be the name of the new Site that will be created via the cloning process.
- To find an existing site, navigate to Setup > All Options > Organisation Hierarchy > expand hierarchy using the + icon (sites are denoted by the map marker icon) - see Fig.9
Fig.9 - Organisation Hierarchy Showing Site(s)
Column I - Site to be cloned from
This is the Site Code of the Site you wish to clone the suppliers, ingredients and recipes from.
- To find an existing site, navigate to Setup > All Options > Security > Organisation Hierarchy > expand hierarchy using the + icon (sites are denoted by the map marker icon)
- Select Edit to view the site code.
Column J - 1st Stock Period Start Date
This should be the stock period start date for the period before you wish to go live. This is so a closing stock can be entered, which will create an opening stock on your first trading stock period.
- Enter the date in DD-Mmm-YY format - example: 01-Jan-21
Column K - Ordering & Site Transfer
Select from the drop-down menu if the site should be set up for Ordering Only or Ordering & Site Transfers.
Columns L-O – Delivery Address
Columns P-S – Invoice Address
Column T - Telephone number
Details from these columns will be used on the email Purchase Orders generated by Inventory sent to your suppliers.
Columns X-AD - EDI Suppliers
These columns can be used to provide the account numbers for the new Site to ensure that orders are successfully sent to EDI suppliers (if used).
- Enter the supplier name in Row 2 and the account code(s) in Row 3, 4, 5, etc
Upon completion of the cloning process, the new Site(s) can have users/accounts/templates assigned as required. If sales need to be split between multiple stock Sites the setup can be carried out using this guide - Setting Up Sales Split Rules
Site Clone Template Download