This article describes the process of linking Inventory / Recipe & Menu Engineering (RME) users to the Single Sign On service for Fourth.
Please Note: The user being created must already have a Fourth Single Sign On Account
If the user is going to have access to Inventory and RME, then the user must first be created in Inventory, then RME.
Some configuration may be need to be completed by Fourth for this process, if this is required, please get in touch with the relevant Fourth contact for advice.
Linking Inventory / RME Users with Single Sign On
- In the Inventory solution, go to the Setup tab
- Select Users
- Select the required user
- Change the email address to match the address used in Workforce Management (if known), this is usually a personal email address / unique work email address for each user
Fig.1 – User Setup
- For each required user, tick the Add Fourth Account box and select Provision in Fourth Account
Fig.2 – Provision in Fourth Account Button
- Tick the Link Fourth Account box against the correct username at the top
- Tick the Link Fourth Account against the account with the Fourth Account Name in to link both
Fig.3 – Linking Accounts
When completed, return to the User screen. The green tick indicates that the process was successful and the user should be able to view any apps they have the access to.
Fig.4 - Account
Recipe & Menu Engineering (RME)
- Within the RME solution, go to the Admin tab and select Users
- Select the required user and Edit
- Change the email address to match the one entered from Inventory (this should be a personal email address
- Select Link to Fourth Account
- Tick the Recipe and Menu Engineering box to allow access to view the app
Fig.5 – Linking Account to RME
Fig.6 – Matching Accounts
A code will appear in the External Login ID field.
Fig.7 – External Login ID Code
It is recommended after this process has been completed to log in to secure.fourth.com or the Fourth App, which allows users to gain access via Single Sign On, as opposed to using multiple URLs with multiple logins.
The relevant apps should now be able to be viewed within the Fourth App (depending on access levels) using the Single Sign On functionality.
Fig.8 – Solution Apps