Cyclic Stock Counts
Cyclic Stock Counting is the practice of regularly counting and reconciling select number of items against FnB Manager's current stock throughout the stock period. Different to a full stock count, it allows the selecting of specific products to be included. Typically these products would be of high volume/value.
The site associated with the Cyclic Stock Count is selected from the Stock Count home page.
Adding Products to a Cyclic Stock Count
Products are added to a Cyclic Stock Count by Cost Centre (the highest level of product categorisation).
- Go to the Stock Management tab > Stock Count (under 'Actions')
- Select Choose Products for Cyclic Stock Count (under 'Set-up Stock Count)
- Choose the required Cost Centre from the drop-down list and then apply filters (if required) to select the required product category (e.g. Food > Meat > Lamb). *All can be selected instead if wished
Products are listed by Category and the following details are displayed:
- Vintage - Where applicable, the product Vintage is displayed. This is typically used for wines (e.g. 1970)
- Name - Displays the Product Name
- PLU - If a product has a main Product Lookup Number (PLU) associated with it, the PLU number is shown here
- Bin # - Where applicable, the product Bin # is shown. This is used for stock counting - typically by hotels for stock counting wine
- Supplier - The name of the allocated supplier for the product
- UOM - The Unit of Measurement in which the product is counted
- Last Date - The date upon which the product was last counted
- To select a product, place a tick in the box next to the 'Supplier' column
- Once all required products are selected (having worked through categories), use the Save & Return button
If products are listed over multiple pages, any changes to the current page must be saved before moving backwards or forwards in the list.
Removing Products from a Cyclic Stock Count
- To remove specific products from the Cyclic Stock Count, select Choose Products for Cyclic Stock Count (under 'Set-up Stock Count') from the Stock Count home page
- Select the required Cost Centre and navigate subsequent filters to locate required products
- Any selected products will have their boxes ticked - simply un-tick the boxes to remove the product(s) from the Cyclic Stock Count
- Save changes
It is possible to clear all products that have been added for a Cyclic Stock Count at a given site.
To do this:
- Go to the Stock Management tab and select Clear All Products from Cyclic Stock Count (under 'Set-up Stock Count')
FnB Live - Carrying Out Cyclic Stock Counts