In Purchasing & Inventory (formerly known as Adaco), there is a feature to allow for the automatic creation of Outlet Requisitions based on the On Hand Stock, Outlet Par Stock, and Outlet Reorder for selected Outlets.
This feature requires an Administrative flag to be enabled, and a scheduled job to be set up on the database server (which is a standard that is set to run once daily following POS processing). Please liaise with your Fourth contact to proceed with this configuration.
Auto Create Outlet Requisitions
As noted above, in addition to the scheduled job, there is an administrative flag at property level.
- To access, go to Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Requisition
- Tick the box against Auto Create Outlet Requisitions - see Fig.1
Fig.1 - Requisition settings
Each Outlet then has the option to define the 'Replenish From' Outlet which will be the default Supplying Outlet in the automatically created Outlet Requisitions.
- To access, go to Property > Setup > Outlet
- Make a selection from the Replenish From drop-down - see Fig.2
Fig.2 – 'Replenish From' setting in Outlet setup
Where the Replenish From is left blank, the Outlet will be excluded from the Auto Replenishment job.
Please note: The Auto-Replenishment job will create and release an Outlet Requisition for each qualifying Outlet. The resulting requisitions will not require approval even if the option Approval Needed for Outlet Requisitions has been set within the Requisition settings (Fig.1).
The Auto-Replenishment job will look for products with non-zero Outlet Par Stock value to create Outlet Requisitions. The products in the guide with Outlet Par Stock as 'No Par' will not be included in the Auto-Replenishment.
The logic of creating Outlet Requisitions will be as follows:
- If Outlet Par Level is not equal to “No Par” then =>
- If On Hand < Outlet Reorder then =>
- Requisition Quantity = Outlet Par Stock – On Hand – SUM (Released but not issued + Pending* Requisitions Quantity)
*Pending refers to manually created Outlet Requisitions which have been submitted but not yet approved and released.
The Outlet Requisitions created by the scheduled job will have the following data values:
- Ordering Outlet = Outlet from guide
- Supplying Outlet – 'Replenish From' Outlet
- Description – 'Auto-Generated Reorder'
- Need By – Requisition created date + 1 day
Impact of 'Allow requisition request more than available stock' under Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Requisition (see Fig.1)
- If enabled, and if (Outlet Par Stock – OnHand – SUM (Released but not issued + Pending Requisitions Quantity)) > Available stock in Supplying Outlet, then the Outlet Requisition will be created for the full quantity.
- If disabled, and if (Outlet Par Stock – OnHand – SUM (Released but not issued + Pending Requisitions Quantity)) > Available stock and if Available Stock > 0 in Supplying Outlet, then the Outlet Requisition for that product will be created with the available stock quantities.
For example, if a product has:
- Outlet Requisitions created but not issued Qty = 7
- On Hand = 15
- Outlet Par Stock = 30
- Available stock in storeroom = 5
- So Requesting Quantity = 30 – 15 – 7 = 8
- And Outlet Requisition quantity for this product will be 5 (Available stock)
Please sign in to leave a comment.