How to Create a Purchase Requisition
There are four ways to create an Purchase Requisition:
- New in Requisition Center
- From a Template in Requisition Center
- From a Reorder Report in Requisition Center
- Uploaded from the Adaco Mobile software.
This article will concentrate on creating a new Purchase Requisition in Requisition Center.
- Go to Requisition > Requisition Center or click the Requisition Center button
- In the New Requisition drop-down, click Purchase Requisition, as per Fig.1
Fig.1 - New Purchase Requisition button
When the new purchase requisition screen is displayed, enter the necessary information as per Fig.2
Fig.2 - New Purchase Requisition fields
Fields from the Requisition panel of the Purchase Requisition details screen, as per Fig.2:
Fig.3 - Adding a Comment
Once all required fields and optional fields are entered, products can then be added to the requisition.
Three buttons can be used to add products to the requisition:
Select Add to manually add a product to the requisition by either:
Fig.4 - Adding a product
When the Allow Adhoc Items check box is enabled in Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Requisition, users can add a adhoc item to a purchase requisition.
Fig.5 - Entering Adhoc product information
Note: Multiple products can be selected as in any Windows screen, via the CTRL and ALT keys, as per Fig.6.
Fig.6 - Product Search screen
Notes on Adhoc items:
- An Adhoc item is used when a product does not currently exist at the property, and will not be needed again, such as a service or specialized product
- Adhoc items cannot have categories or sub categories assigned to them, which will limit some reporting capability
- Adhoc products can be added to any purchase requisition regardless of whether the requisition originated from a template or not.
- Adhoc items are automatically flagged as Requires Approval and need to be final approved before being processed to a Purchase Order
Note: If the Product line is colored Blue, it means that the product flagged as a Contracted Product, as per Fig.9. This flag is enabled in the product details screen (Property > Products).
Additional Buttons in the "Products" pane:
For further information on Budget functionality, refer to article Purchasing & Inventory - Budget Review Report
Once Products have been added to the requisition, additional information may be required:
Fig.9 - Products' pane fields
Additional information regarding products is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a Product in the Products grid
Information for that particular product will display, as per Fig.10.
Fig.10 - Additional product information
- Once all needed information has been added to the requisition select Save
- To delete the requisition from the system select Delete
Please note: Deleted requisitions cannot be retrieved, are not audited, and are deleted entirely from the system.
- To close the requisition tab select Close
Buttons from the Requisition tool bar: