There will at times be a requirement for a stop purchasing from a particular supplier for all sites. This might be the case for one product or multiple products. The following will describe the best practise for removing a supplier relationship from a product.
Fig 1 - Product's Supplier Tab
- To remove a supplier relationship from a product it must first be checked that the supplier is not the preferred supplier for the organisation or the allocated supplier for any site.
- Follow the path: Master Product List > Search for the product > click 'the Where Used' tab.
- If it is the preferred supplier this will need to be changed. For details on how to do this see How to: Change a Supplier Relationship for Products at Site.
- Once this is completed then the supplier can be removed from the product.
Fig 2 - Product Unavailable for Ordering From This Supplier
- There may be occasions where there are pending deliveries against the supplier that is being deleted from the product. If this is the case it will not be possible to remove the supplier from the product until these deliveries have been approved. In the meantime, it’s possible to make the supplier unavailable for ordering so that no user can order from this supplier.
- Click on the supplier and tick Unavailable then Save.
Fig 3 - Confirm Changes
- Click OK to save the change.
Fig 4 - Where Used Tab After Update
- If an error was made and this supplier should still be available click on the supplier again and simply un-tick the Unavailable box and save the changes.
Fig 5 - Delete Supplier Relationship Link
- To delete the supplier from the product, click on the supplier and click on Delete.
Fig 6 - Confirm Deletion
- If the supplier should be deleted click OK otherwise, click Cancel.
Fig 7 - Update Recipes Confirmation
- As the supplier that is being deleted may be the highest cost price supplier, it could mean that this cost price is the price used for the theoretical GP in the master data element of the system.
- Click OK and the cost price for any batches or menu items will be updated.
Fig 8 - Confirm Recipes to be Updated
- Here the lists of recipes that will be updated are presented.
- Click Finish to complete the update.
Fig 9 - Recipes Updated Confirmation
- Once the update is complete, click Close and the supplier will no longer be attached to the product.
Fig 10 - Where Used Tab After Deletion of The Supplier Relationship
- The supplier is now no longer a supplier for this product.
- Although the supplier relationship has been deleted from the product, the purchase history for any PO from this supplier is saved. The audit log also shows a history of when the supplier was added and deleted from the product.
- It is advised to keep the multiple supplier relationships tidy, only having relevant relationships attached to products.