How to Create Purchase Orders from Purchase Requisitions
There are two ways to create a Purchase Order (PO) from a Purchase Requisition. This article contains guidance on both methods. The first method is using the menu item Create POs From Requisition, and the other is to create the Purchase Order directly from the Purchase Requisition screen.
A Purchase Order is the order that will be sent to external suppliers (Vendors). A Purchase Order is usually created from one or more, sometimes approved, Purchase Requisitions. One Purchase Requisition can produce many Purchase Orders or many Purchase Requisitions can be combined into a single Purchase Order.
Create Purchase Orders From Requisition Menu
From the Purchasing menu select the option Create POs From Requisition, as per Fig.1
The Process PO screen displays all approved Purchase Requisitions.
- Enter a Delivery Date or select Retain Requisition Delivery Date as per Fig.2
When a delivery date is entered, the selected Requisitions will use that date instead of the delivery date initially chosen in the Purchase Requisition.
- Select the Purchase Requisitions to be converted, or choose Select All
- Select Separate PO to designate if a particular Requisition will be made into a different PO from the other Requisitions
This will ensure the items on that Purchase Requisition will not be merged with other items in the same Purchase Order.
- When ready to process the Requisitions, select Process
Fig.2 - Selecting Purchase Requisitions
Create PO Within Requisition Screen
To create a Purchase Order from within a Purchase Requisition:
- Select Requisition Center (as per Fig.3)
- Search for and open the details for the Purchase Requisition
- Select Create PO
- Choose the shopping process as per the Vendor Selection section below
Fig.3 - Creating a Purchase Order from the Purchase Requisition details
The Vendor Selection screen is used to designate the type of shopping process that will be used, as per Fig.4. Vendor selection can be changed in the Create PO from Requisition screen as well.
Fig.4 - Vendor Selection screen
|Primary Vendor||Will use the Primary Vendor assigned to the product in Property > Product > Product Details > Vendor button.|
|Last Purchase Vendor||Will use the Vendor that the product was last purchased by in the system.|
|Low Price Vendor||Will use the Vendor with the lowest quoted price if there is an active quote in the system. Otherwise will use the Purchase Cost from the Product Details screen.|
|Vendor||Will use the selected Vendor|
|Keep Selected Vendor||Used to keep the selected Vendor from the Purchase Requisition and will override the other selections in this screen. If there is not a Vendor designated in the Purchase Requisition, this box does not affect that product's Vendor selection.|
|Issue RFQ||This feature will allow the property to send, via email or fax, a "Request For Quotation" to specific Vendors - if the Quotation interface is enabled in the Vendor Details.|
- Once selection(s) are finalised, select OK
- If necessary, in the Vendor name list, select the desired Vendor - as per Fig.5
As needed, edit the following fields with correct information:
- Vendor Product #
- Rate Schedule
- Once all information is entered and correct, select Create PO
Fig.5 - Create PO from Requisition screen