Logbook Store Logs allow managers to document updates about their employees using the Staff Journal. These entries can cover a range of subjects including:
- Positive and negative evaluations
- Customer comments
- Actions taken by management in regards to the employee
Review Staff Journal Entries
Hover over the Logbook menu option, and select Store Logs.
All entries saved by managers with access to Logbook will appear on the Staff Journal tab. All entries are listed on the left panel, categorized by day.
Use the calendar menu at the top of the page to jump to a specific date.
Each Staff Journal entry will display the creation date and time, the category settings, the author, how many other users have viewed it, and how many replies have been added.
Select an entry on the left panel, and the full post will display on the right panel along with any comments. From here, you can view any replies to the entry or add your own reply.
Click the eye icon to see who else has viewed this post (meaning that they have selected it on this tab to mark the entry as read).
Create Staff Journal Entries
Select the +Create Entry button at the top of the page, and then choose Create Staff Journal Entry.
On the Create Staff Journal Entry window, you can configure the settings and write the text for the entry. Select the Send button when you are ready to post it.
- Entry Date - This is the date that the new entry will appear on. It will be time stamped with the date and time you created it, but you can create entries for past or future dates.
- Employee - Select the team member you are writing about. This will help you run searches for specific employee entries later.
- Evaluation Type - What type of evaluation are you creating for this employee? The options will be good, bad, info, and incident.
- Topic and Action Taken - Choose the appropriate options based on the incident you are documenting.
- Priority - Set the priority for the topic of the entry. The options will be low, medium, high, and urgent.
Add Replies and Edit Staff Journal Entries
Select the Reply button on an entry to add a comment to the thread. This will be visible to all other Logbook users.
Attachments can also be added to Logbook entries. Visit this article to learn more!
The author of a Logbook entry will be able to edit or delete the post only if the following conditions are met:
- The entry is less than 24 hours old.
- The entry has not been read by any other users.
The edit and delete buttons will not be visible if these conditions are not met. Select number of views on each post is listed on the left panel. Select the eye icon on the post to see who else has marked it as read.
(These will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)