Logbook Store Logs allow managers to keep track of day to day events using the Daily Log. These entries can cover a range of subjects including:
- Shift summaries
- Updates on particular issues for your business
Review Daily Log Entries
Hover over the Logbook menu option, and select Store Logs.
All entries saved by managers with access to Logbook will appear on the Daily Log tab. All entries are listed on the left panel, categorized by day.
Use the calendar menu at the top of the page to jump to a specific date.
Each Daily Log entry will display the creation date and time, the category settings, the author, how many other users have viewed it, and how many replies have been added.
Select an entry on the left panel, and the full post will display on the right panel along with any comments. From here, you can view any replies to the entry or add your own reply.
Click the eye icon to see who else has viewed this post (meaning that they have selected it on this tab to mark the entry as read).
Create Daily Log Entries
Select the +Create Entry button at the top of the page, and then choose Create Daily Log Entry.
On the Create Daily Log Entry window, you can configure the settings and write the text for the entry. Select the Send button when you are ready to post it.
- Entry Date - This is the date that the new entry will appear on. It will be time stamped with the date and time you created it, but you can create entries for past or future dates.
- Module, Subject, Issue - Choose the appropriate options from these menus. These choices are customizable, so visit this article to learn more about editing these menus.
- Priority - Set the priority for the topic of the entry. The options will be low, medium, high, and urgent.
- Show on roster - Check this option if you would like this Daily Log entry to be added to the Roster report.
Add Replies and Edit Daily Log Entries
Select the Reply button on an entry to add a comment to the thread. This will be visible to all other Logbook users.
Attachments can also be added to Logbook entries. Visit this article to learn more!
The author of a Logbook entry will be able to edit or delete the post only if the following conditions are met:
- The entry is less than 24 hours old.
- The entry has not been read by any other users.
The edit and delete buttons will not be visible if these conditions are not met. Select number of views on each post is listed on the left panel. Select the eye icon on the post to see who else has marked it as read.
(These will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)