New functionality has been introduced to enable customers to capture voluntary Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) data from candidates when applying to vacancies in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Release date: 3rd August 2021
Reason for the Change?
- Once captured, D&I data will be passed through to Fourth Analytics for customers to gain useful insights and trends in respect of diversity & inclusion across the talent they are attracting
- D&I data can also be used for government reporting requirements such as Gender Pay Gap reporting
All customers using the ATS and the HR module within Workforce Management.
- Enabled by Default? - No
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Enable via Customer Success Manager? - Yes
- Affects configuration or data? - No
Applicant D&I data will be captured using a standardised questionnaire which will be displayed at the bottom of the application forms. Customers can have this D&I questionnaire (Fig.1) enabled by contacting their Customer Success Manager (CSM).
To complete the Diversity & Inclusion questionnaire, candidates select Open (see Fig. 2).
Fig.1 - D&I questionnaire section in an Application Form
Fig.2 - D&I questionnaire in expanded view
The questions and options for answers cannot be modified by customers within the D&I Questionnaire. This is to ensure that dashboards in Fourth Analytics can be developed in a consistent way across our customer base to provide useful insights.
Customers can however modify the following content to ensure the messaging and tonality suits their brand:
- Description - Candidates will see this text first before expanding the D&I questionnaire and therefore is designed to display a clear and concise summary of why D&I data is required (see Fig. 3). The Description text has a maximum limit of 200 characters with spaces
Fig.3 - Description text in D&I section
- Background Information - Candidates will see this text once the D&I questionnaire has been opened and expanded. Further details and information can be outlined within this text area to provide rationale and context for why applicants are being requested to provide D&I data. The Background Information text area has a maximum limit of 2000 characters with spaces
Fig. 4 - Background Information text in D&I Section
If the D&I questionnaire has been enabled, the candidate will be required to answer all the questions in order to submit their application.
If the candidate does not wish to share their sensitive information, they can simply select Prefer Not to Say within the pick lists for each question.
The Diversity & Inclusion questionnaire includes the following questions and available answers:
|What is your age?||
|How would you describe your gender identity?||
|How would you describe your ethnicity?||
|What is your sexual orientation?||
|What is your religion?||
|Do you consider yourself to have a disability, impairment or condition?||
The questions and answers detailed above have been aligned between the ATS and Workforce Management to ensure that any D&I data captured at the application stage for a candidate is subsequently passed through to Workforce Management to be stored against their employee record within the HR module. This is outlined in detail within WFM UK Release Note: Diversity & Inclusion Enhancements.
Enabling Diversity & Inclusion Questionnaire
To enable this functionality within the ATS platform, please make a request via your Customer Success Manager and provide the following:
- Description text - a maximum limit of 200 characters with spaces
- Background Information text - a maximum limit of 2000 characters with spaces
Multi-brand customers have the option to enable the D&I questionnaire on a per brand basis. The Description Text & Background Information text can also be customised on a per brand basis.