The System is designed to help those in the hospitality industry manage their purchasing, stock control and time.
It is important when managing the database to ensure that any out of date suppliers, products or recipes are archived to ensure that the system is kept clean and tidy. If a supplier no longer provides goods for your organisation and there is no intention to use this supplier again it is important to archive the supplier.
The following document will outline the best practice method for archiving a supplier from the system.
Before Archiving a Supplier
Fig 1 - Product List for a Specific Supplier
- Select the supplier you wish to archive and confirm that there are no products associated with this supplier by selecting the product list tab of the supplier.
Fig 2 - Where Used Tab
- Then confirm that the supplier is not in use at any location by clicking on the where used tab.
- If the supplier has no products associated and it is not in use at any sites then proceed to the next steps.
Archiving a Supplier
Fig 3 - Supplier Management link
- Select the supplier management option.
Fig 4 - Supplier Management Page
- Search for and select the supplier that is required to be archived
Fig 5 - Edit Details Tab
- Select the edit details tab.
Fig 6 - Archive Supplier Button
- Select the archive supplier link to remove the supplier from the active database.
Fig 7 - Message Displayed When the Supplier Has Been Archived
- Once the supplier has been archived the above message will be displayed and it will be removed from the active database
Fig 8 - Supplier Management Page
- Fig 8 above shows that the archived supplier is no longer on the Supplier Management Page.
By following the above method for archiving suppliers will ensure that the system is kept clean and tidy, this is essential as over time the system can become cluttered if relevant items are not archived when they are no longer required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.