Configuration of Invoice Export
Before exporting any files it is necessary to configure the system to the specification required by the particular accounts system. There are usually 3 distinct areas of the system that need to be configured:
- Supplier Codes as per your financial system
- Category Codes as per your financial system
- Site (location) Codes as per your financial system
Below gives information on how to configure these three elements and any additional configuration that will be required for the invoice export to work.
Supplier codes are usually entered at Enterprise Manager level, however this can be set site by site.
- Search for and select the relevant supplier and select the “edit details” tab, enter the relevant supplier code in the below field as in Fig 1 and save the changes.
Fig 1 - this shows the supplier code field
- Once the code is entered this needs to be updated to site level by selecting the “where used” tab and updating nominal code to sites.
Fig 2 - this shows updating the codes to the sites
- Select the relevant sites that require this supplier code. When the code is displayed in the relevant column, as below, this has been reflected at site level and will populate in the export.
Category Nominal codes are entered in the system administration area of Enterprise Manager, more specifically product Admin > Category Nominal codes.
Fig 3 - this shows product category codes
- Enter a code per category, item type or cost centre level by simply entering the relevant code in the box and saving the changes.
- The export will always use the highest code in the tree, i.e. if a code is entered against beverage that code will be used for all categories beneath in the tree.
- Use the category structure to divide the FnB manager categories to match the chart of accounts.
- The site codes do not require updating to site this happens automatically.
Site codes are entered in Enterprise Manager via the Edit site tab, expand the home area until you reach the site levels > select the relevant site > edit site.
Fig 4 - this shows updating the site codes
- Enter the relevant code for the site and then save
- The change does not require updating to site it will happen automatically.
Note: any changes to any of these codes will change the output on the export.
Please sign in to leave a comment.