This article links to articles that show how to reopen Properties & Outlets which have been temporarily closed in Purchasing & Inventory (formerly known as Adaco).
Topics covered are:
- How to include and remove Outlets from the inventory cycle which have been temporarily closed, so that an inventory count can be either included or rolled over from the previous closing count
- How to complete a mid-month count if re-opening mid-period
- Best practice for recording wastage that has needed to be disposed of during closure
- Adjusting User Access for Users who have left the business or taken on new responsibilities
- Uploading new Budgets, Forecasts or Plans to adjust for the current climate
Updating Inventory Cycle & Fiscal Calendar Set-up
To review a Property’s fiscal calendar and update the inventory setup to include or exclude Outlets temporarily closed please review the article here: Purchasing & Inventory - Updating Inventory Cycle and Fiscal Calendar Set-up
To Perform A Mid-Month Count
Within Purchasing & Inventory, this is referred to as an "Interim Inventory".
Refer to Purchasing & Inventory - Setting Up and Running an Interim Inventory
- If all stock needs to be counted prior to the Property reopening it is best practice to include all Outlets and Locations when setting up the Interim Cycle. If there are Outlets/Locations that will not be counted, do not include them in the cycle.
- If it is preferred for stock to be reset to zero instead of counting it, include these on the cycle but do not enter a count against them.
- After setting up and running the Interim Inventory, these can be reviewed by referring to the Interim Outlet Variance Report and Interim Inventory Valuation for further explanation of these reports.
Depending on the setup, wastage can be managed in two different ways. Both are explained in the article here: Purchasing & Inventory – Managing Wastage
Adjusting User Access
To remove access for Users that have left the business, or to adjust access for existing employees with new duties then User Groups will need to be updated. There is an article here: Purchasing & Inventory – Managing User Groups
Uploading Budgets, Forecasts & Plans
To upload a new budget, forecast or plan in order to adjust for the current climate there is an article here: Purchasing & Inventory – Uploading Budgets, Forecasts & Plans