IE11 Configuration Guidelines for Using Fourth Applications
Future releases will see all Fourth products be fully IE11 compatible. In the meantime, the following steps should be followed.
If using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) with default settings when using certain Fourth products, some display elements and selection boxes may be unavailable or be laid out incorrectly on screen.
- Open IE11
- Select the Tools cog icon from the top-right corner and then select F12 Developer Tools
Fig.1 - Tools > F12 Developer Tools
- Select the Emulation tab
- From the Document mode drop-down, select number 5
Fig.2 - Emulation tab - Document mode 5
- Close the developer menu by selecting the X on the right hand side of the pane
- Go to the login page of the Fourth application being used
- Select the Tools cog icon again and select Compatibility View Settings
Fig.3 - Selecting Compatibility View settings
- In the pop-up window that opens, select Add to include the current website (the Fourth product being used) to the Compatibility View list
- Select Close once done
Fig.4 - Adding a site to the Compatibility View list
Some Fourth products use pop-up windows for certain functionality so the last thing to do is ensure that any pop-up blockers have been turned off.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options
- Select the Privacy tab and make sure there is no tick in the Turn on Pop-up Blocker
- Select OK when done