How to Create a Rate/Rate ScheduleThe purpose of this article is to demonstrate how to create a Rate and Rate Schedule in Adaco. Both Rates and Rate Schedules are created in relatively the same area of the Adaco software and are used to apply various taxes, shipping, and other additional costs to products as receiving.
Depending on settings, Rates can either be managed by individual properties or centrally at CP.
To Create a New Rate
- Go to Property > Setup > Rates > Rates
- Click New as per Fig.1
Fig.1 - Creating a New Rate
Note: All fields with an asterisk (*) are required fields, as per Fig.2.
- Select whether the rate will be a Percentage or a Flat Rate
- Choose whether the rate will be Include on Vendor PO and/or Include Inventory
- If the rate is a VAT tax, select the VAT Tax check box and the VAT Code entered
- Select Save
Fig.2 - Entering Rate Information
To Create a Rate Schedule
- Go to Property > Setup > Rates > Rate Schedule.
- Select New as per Fig.3
Fig.3 - Creating a New Rate Schedule
- Type the Rate Schedule name or number and the Rate Schedule Description in the corresponding fields, as per Fig.4
- Select Save
Fig.4 - Entering Rate Schedule information
- Once created, make sure the correct Rate Schedule is selected in the drop-down as per Fig.5
Fig.5 - Choosing a Rate Schedule
- Select Add to create a Calculation Step in the rate schedule, as per Fig.6
- Repeat this process for each Calculation Step that is needed in the Rate Schedule
Fig.06 - Adding a Calculation Step in a Rate Schedule
- Select Save
Managing Rates at CP
Go to CP > Property > Administration > Property Preferences > General > Allow Rates At CP. When ticked this option will:
- Enable a new section in Property > Set up called "Rates". From within this option Rates and Rate Schedules can be created in the CP in the same way they are in a Property
- In CP it will now be possible to assign a Rate Schedule to Products when created or edited at CP
Fig.7 - Assigning Rates to Products at CP
Sharing Rates and Rate Schedules with Properties
With Rates enabled at CP it is possible to:
- Push Rates and Rate Schedules from CP to selected properties (CP > Property > Data Synchronization)
- Pull Rates and Rate Schedules from CP to a Property (Property > Property > Data Synchronization)
- Select whether to synchronize Rate Schedules assigned to products at CP with the same products within a Property (Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Data Synchronization > Product)
Calculated Rate Schedules
To set-up a Calculated Rate Schedule, follow the steps listed above to create a Rate Schedule.
The Calculation Basis lists the order the rates are added onto the invoice.
In the example below, the Handling & Shipping rate will be added first, then the VAT 20% will be added to both the product and the Handling & Shipping.
Fig.9 - Calculated Rate Schedule Set-up
The example below shows the Rate Schedule being applied in Receiving Centre. The Shipping & Handling fee is added making the Total Invoice £103.20. Then the VAT is added (including the Shipping & Handling) making the Total Invoice £113.52.
Fig.10 - Calculated Rate Schedule in Receiving Centre