The Scheduling tab allows users to create and edit templates with the Template Generator.
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. Select Menu at the top right-hand corner and choose Templates.
- Select the three dot menu to the right of any template you would like to edit.
- Edit Name - Update the name of the template.
- Edit in Template Generator - Select this option to open the Template Generator and make changes to the shifts within this template.
- Copy - Make a copy of the selected template. Once you select this, the duplicate will be added to the list of templates, and you can edit it and rename it.
- Delete - Remove any unnecessary templates with this option.
- Note: If anyone accidentally deletes a template, feel free to contact Customer Support. We can look into whether it can be recovered.
Note: Assigned templates cannot be edited since they were created as copies of an existing schedule, with shifts assigned to employees. The best way to create a new version of an assigned template is to apply it to a schedule, make the changes to the assigned shifts, and then save a new assigned template based on that schedule.
The Template Generator
- Within the Template Generator, creating new shifts by clicking Create Row.
- To edit existing rows of shifts, select the gear icon to the left of any row. This will give you the option to delete or copy an entire row of shifts.
- Click individual shifts to edit them.
- Use the drop down menus on the left of each row to edit the job codes and locations as needed.
- Each time you add a row and your changes are saved in real time, so there's no need to worry about losing your work.