If this feature is enabled, managers can copy schedules from one week to another. This is a quick way to write the schedule, and additional edits can still be made based on the needs of that week.
It is recommended to copy a schedule directly after posting the initial week’s schedule. That way, the copied week will mirror the first week without any of the shift transactions that may occur later on.
How to Copy Schedules
- On the Scheduling page, open the Menu, and select Copy Schedule
In the Copy Schedule modal, select:
- Source Week: The week you wish to copy from
- Target Week: The week you wish to copy to
- Schedules: Select the box(es) to the left of any schedules that you want to copy
Fig.1 - Copying schedule
There are a few additional options that you can edit before selecting Copy to make the change:
- Create House Shifts for Availability Conflicts - When a schedule is copied into a new week, it is possible that an employee could have different availability or approved time off than they did in the Source Week you're copying from. When this box is checked, any shift being copied to an employee with an availability conflict will be converted into a house shift (an unassigned shift). See HS Scheduling: House Shifts for more information
- Copy House Shifts - When this box is checked, any house shifts in the Source Week will be copied as House Shifts in the Target Week
- Copy Meal/Break Edits - In the event changes were made to default Meal and Break times, checking this box will copy those changes into the Target Week as well
Fig.2 - Copy Schedule modal
Unable to Copy a Specific Schedule
There are a few reasons that a specific schedule will not appear on the Copy Schedule modal or not be able to be checked.
- Ensure that there are shifts on that schedule in the Source Week (the week you are copying from). If the schedule has a status of Not Started, it will not appear as an option to copy since there are no shifts
Fig.3 - Source week not started
- The Target Week (the week you are copying into) must be in a status of Not Started or Deleted. The target week has to be blank so that it will become an exact copy of the Source Week. If the Target Week already has shifts on it, a link to delete the schedule will appear on the modal. You would need to delete the shifts before it will allow you to select that schedule. Visit this article for more information on deleting schedules
Fig.4 - Target week already started
Missing the Copy Schedule Option
If you do not see the Copy Schedule option in the Menu on the Scheduling tab, it is possible that your account does not have the permission for this feature enabled.
- The feature may be restricted to a higher permission set - for example, GM instead of Manager
- The feature may be disabled for your company. At an admin's request, the feature can be enabled or disabled by our Customer Support team. See Contact Us: Customer Support for more information about reaching out for assistance
Please note: If a business uses activity-based forecasting, it is also possible that the feature has been disabled so that shifts are generated from the forecast each week. See HS Scheduling: Forecast and or Shift Generation Required for more information.