|The ability to create divisions has been added to ATS to allow Vacancies to be created at division level, rather than by Location|
Release date: July 28th 2022
Advertise Vacancies by Division
- Enabled by Default? - No
- Set up by customer Admin? - No
- Enable via Support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - Yes
New functionality within the Admin portal that will allow for Divisions to be configured which enables Vacancies to be advertised by Division.
Reason for the Change
Currently, vacancies are advertised for each location, and adding the ability to advertise by Division allows for customers to be able to manage vacancies at a more granular level through advertising by Divisions.
All ATS customers.
The ability to advertise vacancies by Divisions will need to be enabled by your Fourth contact, however, all configurations should be completed before the Common Feature is enabled.
To configure the Admin portal so that vacancies can be advertised by Division, the following steps should be taken:
- Create the Divisions via a new Divisions menu item in Set Up
- Assign applicable Divisions to Locations via the Divisions tab in Location records
- Assign Divisions permissions to Users via User Manager
There are two ways to create Divisions within the Admin portal: Individually, via the Divisions Page, or by using a CSV to bulk import.
- To create a Division within the Divisions page, go to Set Up > Divisions > +New
Fig 1. Create New Division
- Select the Brand
- Enter the Division name, as it should be shown on the Vacancy
- Enter the WFM Division Name, as it is displayed within Workforce Management (WFM)
- Select Save
Once created, the Division is created, it can be assigned to the Location.
To import a Division list from CSV, the information must be in the required CSV template for it to be successful. It should have the following three headings, which are all mandatory:
- Division Name
- WFM Division Name
Fig 2. Division upload template
- To use a CSV to bulk import Divisions, go to Set Up > Divisions > Import from CSV
- Click and Select the file to import, or drag and drop the file into the import box
- Select Upload File
Fig 3. Division Import tool
A preview of the new Division will be displayed.
Fig 4. Division import tool validation
- If the information displayed in the preview is incorrect, Select the Previous button to return to the Upload page
- If the information displayed is correct, select the Continue button to move to the next step
The data will then be uploaded into the Divisions page in the Admin portal. Once completed, a confirmation will appear.
Fig 5. Division Import confirmation
- Select Go to Division to view the imported Division in the Divisions page
The Import tool will carry out validation to ensure:
- The file extension is correct (.csv)
- All Mandatory fields are completed
The Import tool will not import Divisions that already exist.
Assign Divisions to Locations
Once the Divisions have been created, they will need to be assigned to the appropriate Locations
- To assign Divisions to a Location, go to Set Up > Locations > Select Location > Divisions
Fig 6. Assign Division to Location
- Select the Divisions from the Available Divisions list that should be assigned to the Location, and, using the arrows, move them to the Assigned Divisions List
- Select Save
Assigning Divisions Permissions
Once Divisions are assigned to Locations, User Permissions should be updated to include the divisions each user should have access to. Assigning the Divisions Permission will determine which users are able to create vacancies for the selected Division(s) and can subsequently manage candidates who have applied to these vacancies.
- To update user permissions, go to Set Up > User Manager > select user
- Expand the Permissions menu
Fig 7. Assign Division to permissions
- Select the Divisions the User should have access to > Select Save
Enabling Advertising by Division
Once the Divisions, Locations and Users have been configured, the Advertise Vacancies by Division common Feature can be enabled.
Contact your Fourth representative to arrange for the Common Feature to be enabled.
Creating a Vacancy
- To create a vacancy, go to ATS > Vacancies > Add New Vacancy
Fig 8. Add New Vacancy
A new field has been added to assign the vacancy to a particular Division. The Division drop-down field will only display Divisions that the user has been granted permission to create vacancies for via the Division Permissions assigned within the User Manager page.
When searching for a Vacancy in the ATS > Vacancy page, the option to filter by Division has been added
Fig 9. Filter Vacancies