A terminated employee can be rehired through the Fourth HR/Payroll system as long as they were marked as Ok to Rehire. The system will ask users to configure some employment details before launching a new onboarding for the rehired employee. After this, their onboarding status can be tracked just like a new hire.
Rehire Terminated Employees
To rehire a terminated employee, navigate to the Rehire page within Fourth HR/Payroll. This can be selected through the HR | Action menu, or search for the Rehire page in the search bar.
- Locate and select the employee
- Search for the employee by their name, social security number, or ID
- Or select Employee to open a list of terminated employees that are eligible for rehire
Note: Users will not be able to select employees whose Rehire OK flag is set to No on the Employee Details page.
Fig.1 - Locate and select the employee on the Rehire page
- Select the Rehired Employment Status
- Typically Active (ACT)
Fig.2 - Rehired employment status selection
- Select the Rehired Employment Type
- If part time, select VAR PT
Fig.3 - Rehired employment type selection
- Enter the Rehire Date
- Select the Reason Code "OTHER"
- Set the following options for the rehired employee:
- Choose whether to stop any Voluntary Deductions or Direct Deposits that were previously set up for this employee
- Benefit (Medical, Retirement, PTO) - Auto-enrolls employees into Medical, Retirement, or PTO plans that have auto-enroll rules configured (this option only works with rehires if the employee does not have an existing Benefit/PTO record)
- Seniority Date - If appropriate, enter the date to use in place of the Rehire Date when determining the employee’s eligibility for benefit plans
- Select Go to Employee Details to make additional changes and launch Onboarding
- Select Save and Continue
Fig.4 - Completed Rehire page
The system will take you to the Employee Details screen. Make any necessary adjustments to the employee record and select Save & Onboard Now.
The employee will now be in Onboarding!
Fig.5 - Employee Details screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.