Introducing a new and improved Talent Pool consisting of a variety of useful enhancements and functionalities aimed to improve the overall usability for end-users. This includes:
- Enhanced Talent Pool
- Introduction of 'tags' to Talent Pool
- New Pinning functionality
- New Filter and Search functionality
- New Candidate Profile
Release date: 15th April 2021
Reason for the Change
- New functionality
- Bug Fixes
All Fourth ATS customers.
New & Improved Talent Pool
The Talent Pool area within the ATS has been re-designed from the ground up to enable end-users to benefit from:
- A brand-new, faster, and more responsive Talent Pool table view built to display large volumes of candidates that have been added to the talent pool
- Introduction of Tags to the Talent Pool to allow managers to categorise and organise candidates they choose to add to the talent pool
- Brand-new Pinning functionality that will allow end-users to manage candidates within the talent pool in a new way
- Brand-new filter functionality developed from the ground up to offer efficiency and ease when trying to narrow down on candidates within the talent pool
- New and Improved search functionality with several enhancements
- Brand-new Candidate Profile page developed to provide a dedicated area for managers to ascertain useful information
- Enhancements to Dashboard filters to help find candidates who have opted in to be added to the talent pool quickly
New Talent Pool Landing Page & UI
The Talent Pool area has been developed with performance in mind resulting in a significant increase in loading speeds when navigating to the Talent Pool from other parts of the ATS.
Candidates added to the Talent Pool are now displayed within a brand-new table view that is more advanced and feature-rich, providing a range of new capabilities for end-users (see Fig.1). These improvements are listed below.
1. Candidate records displayed clearly in rows with only relevant information within the new table view
- Date Added
- Talent Pooled Application
- Location/Role for Live Applications
- Invitations to Apply for Vacancies
- Manager Notes
Fig.1 – New Talent Pool & Table view
2. Sorting of records by any of the columns within the Talent Pool table view
Users can do this by clicking on the column header (see Fig.2), and sort by:
- Ascending order
- Descending order
Fig.2 – Sorting Candidate Records in Talent Pool table view
3. Ability to change the number of candidate records (entries) displayed within the Talent Pool table view
This can help view more or fewer records at a given time (see Fig.3).
Fig.3 – Changing number of records to view in the Talent Pool table
Please note: Multi-brand customers will have a Talent Pool shared across all brands, meaning candidates added to the Talent Pool from different brands will be visible to all users across all brands.
Introducing ‘Tags’ to Talent Pool
Users can now use the brand-new Tags functionality to meaningfully categorise and/or organise candidates added to the talent pool. Tags need to be defined by Head Office users within the new Talent Pool Manager area for other users (such as restaurant managers) to be able to utilise them when adding candidates to the Talent Pool.
- Navigate to ATS > Set up > select Talent Pool Manager - see Fig.4
- Select the Search to create or delete tags field and begin typing a word or phrase to search for existing tags or to create a new tag
Fig.4 – Talent Pool Manager
- Select Create to create the word or phrase as a new Tag if the search has returned no results – see Fig.5
Fig.5 – Creating a new Tag
- To delete Tags, select the Search to create or delete tags field and type in the tag you wish to delete (Fig.5)
- Alternatively, select the specific tag within the Available Tags area > the tag will be moved to the Selected Tags area
- Select Delete to subsequently delete the tag(s) > select Yes to confirm the prompt – see Fig.6 & Fig.7
If head office users delete one or more tags that have already been used by managers to assign to candidates within the talent pool, these tags will subsequently be removed from any candidate profiles.
Fig.6 – Deleting a Tag
Fig.7 – Delete Tag confirmation prompt
Assigning ‘Tags’ to Candidates when Adding to Talent Pool
Managers can assign tags to candidates during the process of adding them to the talent pool. Users will now be presented with a new Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal from which they can select one or more tags to assign to the candidate(s) before adding them to the talent pool (see Fig.8).
Fig.8 – Adding to Talent Pool pop-up modal
The Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal can be opened from the following areas:
1. Candidate application page via the Cancel/Regret application action
- Navigate to ATS in the header > select Vacancies > select a vacancy > navigate to a candidate application within any one of the process steps
- Select the Cancel application button > select the Regret – Talent Pool action to open the Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal (see Fig.9)
Fig.9 – Opening Add to Talent Pool pop-up from candidate application
2. Dashboard (and dashboard list view) via the Regret/Talent Pool bulk actions
- Navigate to ATS in the header > select Dashboard > select any one of the process steps > select one or more candidates
- Select the Actions dropdown > select the Regret – Talent Pool action to open the Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal (see Fig.10)
Fig.10 – Opening Add to Talent Pool pop-up from Dashboard Bulk Action
- Managers can assign Tags by simply selecting one or more checkboxes from the Available Tags. Selected Tags will be moved to the Selected Tags section within the Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal (see Fig.11)
- Users can de-select tags by selecting the checkboxes which will subsequently remove these tags from the Selected Tags section and move them back into the Available Tags section
Fig.11 – Adding Tags against Candidates
Head Office users also have the option to make the use of Tags mandatory for all users within the ATS.
- Navigate to ATS > Set up > select Talent Pool Manager > select on the Make tagging mandatory toggle to switch it on (see Fig.12)
Fig.12 – Making the use of Tags Mandatory
If the Make tagging mandatory toggle has been enabled, managers will subsequently be required to select a minimum of at least 1 tag from the available list within the Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal to add the candidate to the talent pool (see Fig.13).
A helpful prompt is also displayed within the pop-up modal to ensure managers are aware of this requirement before moving a candidate to the talent pool. The Add to Talent Pool button will be disabled until the user has selected at least 1 tag.
Fig.13 – Mandatory tagging validation
If a customer does not want to utilise the tagging feature within the ATS, this can be achieved by not creating any Tags within the Talent Pool Manager area. If no tags have been created, candidates will be added to the talent pool without the Add to Talent Pool pop-up modal being displayed to users.
New Pinning Functionality
Users can now Pin candidates within the Talent Pool to mark candidates that are of interest but not yet ready to be invited to apply for any open vacancies.
To pin a candidate:
- Navigate to ATS > select Talent Pool from dropdown menu > select the star icon next to the candidate’s name to pin the candidate (see Fig.14)
- Once selected, the star will be marked in black to signify the candidate has been pinned
Fig.14 – Pinning Candidates
Any candidates that have been pinned by a user will only be pinned for their personal view. E.g., a candidate pinned by Manager A will not appear pinned for Manager B.
Once one or more candidates have been pinned by a user, the sorting functionality within the Talent Pool table view can be utilised to quickly sort all pinned candidates to the top of the list (see Fig.15).
Fig.15 – Sorting Pinned Candidates
New Talent Pool Filter Functionality
As part of the Talent Pool enhancements, the filtering functionality has been re-designed from the ground up to enable managers to find great talent quickly and easily.
Managers can now filter by:
- Brands (if you are a multi-brand customer)
To filter the talent pool:
- Navigate to ATS > select Talent Pool from dropdown menu > select the filter icon to open the Filter View (see Fig.16)
The filter view can be opened and collapsed by selecting the filter icon (see Fig.16).
Fig.16 – Opening Filters in Talent Pool
Users can now utilise the built-in functions within each filter to quickly find the filter options that are relevant to them:
- Filter Search – can be used to search for filter options (see Fig.17)
- Sorting by alphabet – can be used to sort the filter options in ascending or descending order alphabetically (see Fig.18)
- Sorting by number of records – can be used to sort the filter options based on the number of records associated with each filter option in ascending or descending order (also see Fig.18)
Fig.17 – Searching within a filter
Fig.18 – Sorting functions within a filter
- To make a filter selection, navigate to ATS > Talent Pool > select the Filter icon > select any one of the filter options within the available filters - see Fig.19.
Fig.19 – Selecting filters
- Selecting an option in one filter will subsequently reduce the list of filter options available in all other filters to ensure that users can only ever select a filter option with actual records associated with it
- Users can also select multiple filter options by clicking on 2 or more options, and filter options can be de-selected by clicking on them again (see Fig.20)
- A count of all filter options selected is shown in the Filters Active section within the Filter View (also see Fig.18)
- All selected filters can be cleared by selecting the Clear All button within the Filter View (also see Fig.18)
Fig.20 – Filter View functions (count, clear all & multiple selection)
New and Improved Search Functionality
The new search functionality within the Talent Pool has been enhanced to enable managers in freely searching and locating records quickly and easily.
Users can search by:
- Name (First Name and/or Surname)
- Application ID – search by the IDs of both live and talent pooled applications
- Postcode – search by candidates address postcode
- Phone number
- Phrases – Use a collection of words within quotation marks to search candidates – (see 21)
The search function is not case sensitive and therefore will find and return results containing any characters entered within the search box.
The number of results found from the search is displayed in the Talent pool header (also see Fig.21). This is also true when filters are applied.
Fig.22 – Searching phrases and results displayed
In addition to the above, the search functionality can be used in conjunction with the filters to further narrow down specific candidates within the talent pool (see Fig.23). This provides even more precision and control to managers when trying to locate specific sets of candidates within a large pool.
Fig.23 – Using search and filtering simultaneously
New Candidate Profile in Talent Pool
Managers can now get useful information about a candidate through the new Candidate Profile within the talent pool.
To access the Candidate Profile:
- Navigate to ATS > Talent Pool > select the candidate’s name to open the Candidate Profile - see Fig.24
Fig.24 – Candidate Profile in Talent Pool
The Candidate Profile provides a single area for various types of candidate information to be stored so that managers can easily ascertain the quality of a candidate before deciding whether they should invite them to apply for an open vacancy.
The details displayed within the Candidate Profile include:
- Personal details
- Name, E-mail, Address, Mobile Number and last CV uploaded
- Application details
- Talent Pooled Applications – displays a list of all applications the candidate was talent pooled from
- Current Applications – displays a list of all current applications made the candidate has applied to
All applications details include:
- Application Date
- Application ID
- Role/Location the candidate applied to
- Step – details which step of the process the candidate was either talent pooled from (for talent pooled applications) or the step the candidate has been progressed to (for current applications)
Various icons are also displayed next to the applications to help users quickly understand the status of the applications (also see Fig.24).
Table.1 – Icons representing the status of applications
Candidate has been offered the job
Candidate Regretted or withdrawn
Candidate application in progress
Candidate application talent pooled
- Previous Vacancy Invites – audit trail of invitations sent to the candidate to apply for open vacancies
- Tags – list of all tags linked to the candidate across all their applications
- Manager comments – list of all comments added to applications by managers
Updating Tags within the Candidate Profile
Tags assigned to candidates can be reviewed and updated from within the candidate profile page easily.
- Navigate to ATS > Talent Pool > select the candidate’s name to open the Candidate Profile > select Update Tags to open the pop-up modal - see Fig.25
Fig.25 – Updating tags within candidate profile
Users can add or remove tags using the pop-up modal and save the changes to ensure their changes reflect against the candidate.
Inviting Candidates to Apply
Candidates are invited to apply for open vacancies from the following areas:
- Candidate profile page
- Talent pool table view
To invite candidates to apply from the Candidate Profile:
- Navigate to ATS > Talent Pool > select the candidate’s name to open the Candidate Profile > select Invite to Apply to open the vacancy invitation pop-up modal - see Fig.26
- Select the Select Job dropdown field > select the vacancy you would like to invite the candidate to > click confirm – see Fig.27
Fig.26 – Inviting to Apply from Candidate Profile
Fig.27 – Selecting vacancy for the candidate to apply
To invite candidates to apply from the talent pool table view:
- Navigate to ATS > Talent Pool > select the checkbox next to one or more candidates > select the Choose Action dropdown field > select Invite to Apply – see Fig.28
Fig.28 – Inviting candidate to apply from talent pool table view
Enhancement to Dashboard Filters
A new filter option has been introduced within the Dashboard details pages to allow managers to quickly identify candidates who have opted in to be added to the talent pool.
To find this filter:
- Navigate to ATS > select Dashboard > select any step within the process
- Select Opted in for Talent Pool filter dropdown > select Yes to only view candidates that have agreed to be added to the talent pool – see Fig.29
Fig.29 – Filtering candidates who have opted in to be added to Talent Pool
Please sign in to leave a comment.