This article shows how it is possible to regain access to Fourth's Inventory product, in the event a user has forgotten their username, password – or both. If you log in through the Fourth app via single-sign-on (SSO) to access Inventory, please refer to Engage - Mobile - Username and Password Reset (SSO).
PIease note: Fourth Support cannot change the email address or other details associated with a user in Inventory. Users should contact their manager/admins with such requests.
End User - Password Reset
- On the login screen, select I have forgotten my password
Fig.1 - Forgotten password button
- Enter the relevant username (which is often the user's email address) and select Submit
Fig.2 - Entering Username
An email will then be sent to the user's associated email address which contains password reset instructions.
Internal Administrator - User Unable to Reset Password
- If a user is unsure of their username or an email has not been received, an internal administrator for Inventory should be contacted
There could be various reasons as to why a user is unable to reset their password. The incorrect username may be being entered, or the user's profile is currently not active.
Internal Administrators can follow these steps:
- From the taskbar, select Setup > Users and Search for the relevant user profile
- Check and confirm the correct username, and share it directly with the user in question
Fig.3 - List of user profiles and usernames
- If the user's account is set as 'Deactivated', select it from the list and then on the next screen use the Activate button
Fig.4 - Activating a user
- If the user is set as 'Active' and the username is correct, the final thing to check is the email address. If incorrect, the password reset emails will not be getting through
- The Reset Password button will trigger a new password reset email if required
Fig.5 - Checking a user's email address
If you are having a technical issue and need assistance, please contact us through the blue "Help" button in the corner or refer to our Support Contact Information article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.