Ordering by Supplier
The purpose of this document is to enable the user to place orders using the 'By Supplier’ option.
- Access the system and select the Purchasing tab
Fig.1 – Accessing the Purchasing tab
- Select the correct Site and then the ordering option
New by Supplier
- It is also possible to print off order sheets using the Print Order Sheet button
Fig.2 – The New by Supplier and Print Order Sheet buttons
On the refreshed screen use the drop-down menu to select a Supplier
Fig.3 – Select a supplier from the drop-down menu
The system will refresh to show the suppliers product list.
- Fill in the Order boxes against each required product, using the pack size and cost for guidance
Products showing a ‘No Entry’ sign are not available for ordering.
Fig.4 - A supplier order screen
- When all the Order fields are completed, select the Order Complete option at the top or bottom of the screen
Fig.5 – Selecting the order complete option
The order will be moved to the Order Management screen, where all Pending orders will be listed. It is possible to restrict access to seeing only those orders created by the user, or alternatively all orders for the site may be listed.
It is recommended that all orders are checked before being processed.
- To do so, use the action options to View then Edit all orders
- Delivery dates can be changed - only agreed delivery dates will be listed
- Draft orders can be created by using the Copy button (paper icon)
- Orders can be deleted by using the Delete button (red cross)
The Add Message option should not be used.
Fig.6 – Orders on the Order Management screen
- To send an order to the supplier use the tick box to identify the orders to be approved
- Use the Approve Selected button to process the orders to the suppliers
Fig.7 – The Approve Selected button
The order will be processed and sent to the supplier
- A pop-up window will advise avoiding the back button while the order processes - select OK
A confirmation message will show.
Fig 8 – Showing the confirmation message
User's View Settings
Each user can set their own view of an order screen.
On first login, all products will be listed in alphabetical order, with no separation of categories e.g dry goods / frozen goods.
Settings can be applied so additional information is shown on the Order screen. Additional columns showing par levels, stock on hand and on order can be added.
- Select the Order by Supplier option and use the drop-down menu to choose a supplier
- In the top-right corner, select Organise Settings which shows as a cog icon
Fig.9 – Selecting Organise Settings
- On the refreshed screen use the drop-down menus and tick boxes to select the settings which organise and display the products
- Save any changes made
The screen will refresh to the supplier's order screen
Fig.10 – Making view setting choices and information to display
For articles that cover other methods, please see Inventory | Restaurants - Placing an Order