A new page has been created to allow automated mapping of employees to a Company and Pay Basis, based on several different criteria.
Release Date: 30th January 2020
Reason for the Change
To allow new employees to be automatically attached to the correct PAYE Company and Pay Basis when created in People System.
All People System users.
The new functionality will allow users to control which Payroll each employee is attached to by mapping a set of criteria within the People System. This will remove the requirement of the user to manually assign the information.
A new setting has been added to Global Settings in order to enable the user to access the PAYE Mapping page.
- To locate this setting, go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Go to Settings for the Adding of Employees to Payroll > Enable Allow Company and Pay Basis Mapping?
Fig.1 – Global Settings: Settings for the adding of employees to Payroll
When this Global Setting is enabled, all new employees will be automatically assigned to a Company and Pay Basis when created and attached to Payroll. The assignment will be based on the Mapping Settings created by the user (the process of which is detailed below).
Once the setting has been enabled, a new option within the Administration drop-down menu will appear for Company/Pay Basis Mapping.
- To locate this option, go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Select Company/PayBasis Mapping
Fig.2 – Company/PayBasis Mapping
The ‘Mapping’ page will display. The drop-down selection lists within this page can be used to select the specific criteria required in order to automatically assign employees to the correct PAYE Company and Pay Basis.
- To create Mapping criteria, select Create Mapping
Fig.3 – New Company/PayBasis Mapping Screen
The ‘New Mapping’ page will then display. Detail of each of the fields is described below
- Description – Enter the name of the Mapping criteria
- Company – Select the Company with which the mapping is associated with. Once the Company is selected, the Pay Basis associated with it will appear for selection
- Pay Basis – Select the Pay Basis which the mapping is associated with
- Locations – Select either Bespoke or Locations
- Divisions – Select either Bespoke or Divisions
- Job Titles – Select either All or Bespoke Job Titles
- Contracts – Select either All or Bespoke Contracts
- Pay Method – The options are either Salary or Rota Paid, By Rota Only or With Salary
- Employee Start Date – A date can be added to select all new starters with a start date from the require date onwards. This field can be left blank if not required
Fig.4 – Company/PayBasis Mapping
- If Bespoke Locations is selected, an Edit box appears
To select the Locations to assign to this mapping, select Edit
Fig.5 – Bespoke Location
A pop-up box will display for Locations to be selected.
- Select the Locations for the Mapping to apply to, and use the button to move them across. To move across all Locations, use the button
- Alternatively, use or to de-select the Locations from the Mapping criteria
This selection pop-up box will display whenever the Bespoke option is selected for Locations, Divisions, Job Titles or Contracts.
Fig.6 –Bespoke Location Selection
The Company and Pay Basis Mapping functionality will remove the requirement for the manual selection of the correct Company and Pay Basis when employees are created within the HR and Payroll modules.
Without the Mapping functionality, the selection boxes will display at the bottom of the 'Personal Details’ page during the Employee Creation process.
- To view this page, go to HR > Employees > Create New Employee
With the Company and Pay Basis Mapping functionality switched on, these selection boxes (see Fig.7) will not display as the employee will be assigned automatically due to the mapping criteria
Fig.7 – Personal Details Page
In order to utilise the Company and Pay Basis Mapping functionality, the portal needs to be configured correctly, and the option for manual assigning Company and Pay basis needs to be on.
- To check the correct configuration, go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Include Pay Basis
- Enable the Do you wish the creation of an employee within the General Module to include which pay basis the employee is to go on? Setting
This setting needs to be enabled so that the pay basis option is available when creating employees.
Fig.8 – Include Pay Basis Global Setting
- Next, go to Payroll > Administration > Global Settings > Go to Settings for the Adding of Employees to Payroll
- Enable Allow Company and Pay Basis Mapping?
Fig.9 –Settings for the Adding of Employees to Payroll Global Setting
The ‘Company and Pay Basis Mapping’ page has Validation functionality that will not allow two identical sets of criteria to be saved. If trying to save identical criteria, an error message will display detailing that the two sets are identical.
Please note: There must be at least 1 unique criterion in all mapping sets.
Access to set up Company and Pay Basis Mapping is permission-based. Only users with appropriate permissions will be able to create and manage Mapping sets.
- To access the Permissions, go to Payroll > Users > Assign User Access > Select User > Administration
- Enable the Company/PayBasis Mapping permission
Fig.10 – Company / Pay Basis Mapping Permission