To enhance the Batch furlough status functionality, the ability to use an Excel template (CSV file) has been added to batch-update furlough status start and end dates.
Proposed Release Date: 30th April 2020
Reason for the Change
Following the recent announcements relating to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, it has been necessary to add additional functionality for customers to update multiple employees' furloughed statuses.
All HR & Payroll customers.
A new link has been added to the existing Batch Furlough Status page that will allow the Furlough Status to be amended using a single upload.
- Go to HR Module > Employees > Employee List > Batch Update COVID19 Furlough Status > Batch Upload from CSV
Within this page, the upload templates can be downloaded.
- Choose the the Upload Type - there are two templates that can be downloaded:
- Start Initial Furlough Periods - to batch-update furlough start dates
- Complete Initial Furlough Periods - to batch-update furlough end dates
- Then, select Download CSV Template
Fig.1 – Selecting Upload Type to batch-upload from CSV
The templates will generate as CSV files.
- Open the template (in Excel) and save in a local or shared folder
Please note: Do not change the format of the template, as it will not load.
The template for uploading the furlough start date is shown in Fig.2 – “StartEmployeeFurloughStatus”.
Fig.2 - Furlough start date upload template
The template for uploading the furlough end date is shown in Fig.3 – “CompleteEmployeeFurloughStatus”.
Fig.3 - Furlough end date upload template
- Enter the information into the template and save it (as a CSV file)
Uploading the File
- Go back to HR Module > Employees > Employee List > Batch Update COVID19 Furlough Status > Batch Upload from CSV
- Select the Choose File button
- Find the upload file > select save
- Select the type of upload in Upload Type
- Select how the upload should proceed If Validation Errors Occur
- Select Upload
Fig.4 - File Upload Criteria
An information pop-up box will appear to confirm that the file will be uploaded
Fig.5 - File Upload Information Box
- Select OK
During the upload process a validation check will happen. If any errors are discovered in the upload file, details will appear on the screen.
Fig.6 - File Validation Messages
If the option to Cancel upload was selected during the upload process under If Validation Errors Occur, the upload process will be cancelled, and no information will be uploaded.
- Use the errors reported to fix the upload file and follow the upload process again
If the option to Continue with Upload was selected during the upload process under If Validation Errors Occur, the upload will continue for the valid employees only.
- Use the validation error details to create a new upload file with the invalid records corrected. Once complete, follow the upload process again
Once the upload has been completed, use the Furlough Status export to check the data has been uploaded correctly.