This document will give an introduction to the Fourth Analytics system. A valid username and password are required to be able to follow the steps below.
Data and Reports
- Go to https://secure.gooddata.com/ and log in
- Switch between different dashboards using the drop-down menu in the top left
- Toggle between dashboard tabs to view reports, which summarise business data
- Use dashboard filters to specify dashboard data time periods or attribute values
- When making any selection from a drop-down filter, there is the option to Select all as well as making a single selection only, when hovering the cursor over a selection
Fig.5 - the Select all and only buttons when using drop-down filters
- Hovering over chart values will display summarised data
- Clicking on linked report values will drill down, allowing deeper analysis. Data can be displayed in different formats (table, line chart, bar chart, pie chart)
- Data is refreshed daily from core Fourth Systems - Workforce Management, Inventory, etc
- To return to the dashboard, close the dialogue box
- Share findings by exporting a report to a variety of formats from its drop-down info panel, or export an entire dashboard to PDF using the print icon
- Filters allow for specifying which data goes into one or more reports on a dashboard. Filters are initially configured by a dashboard editor but can be used by anyone viewing a dashboard
- Dashboard filters are 'sticky' - when a filter is applied to one dashboard it will automatically be applied to all others
- Fourth Analytics uses parent filters. For example, when a dashboard is filtered to ‘Region’ only the relevant Area Managers are displayed.