New Features & Improvements | Mobile v.4.78
Several areas of the My Availability screens on mobile devices have been updated from displaying partially unavailable times to displaying partially available times. This includes text and blocks of time.
Approving Availability Labels
The manager approval screens on Android devices have been updated to display “Partially Available” rather than unavailable time. This will be applied to iOS devices in a future Release.
More Menu Updates
More improvements have been made to the colors of the mobile menus.
IDM - Username Validation
New IDM users who attempt to create a username that is already being used or that is not in the correct format are now presented with an error message. Usernames must be a minimum of 3 characters and no longer than 60 characters. They may contain letters, numbers, and only a period, dash, or underscore. Usernames must not contain any other special characters or spaces.
New Features & Improvements | Web
New Shift Approvals
The new user interface for Shift Approvals will begin rolling out in three phases starting on April 2, 2018, continuing on April 23rd, and concluding on April 30th. Below is a detailed walkthrough of the feature:
The latest version of the Shift Approvals page in the Home tab will display each pending transaction as its own card which clearly labels the type of transaction (A), the original owner of the shift (B), the date and time of the shift (C), and the shift's Job Code (D). To view more information about a specific pending transaction, click the expand arrow (E) or any other white space on the card.
When a text bubble is present, you can hover your mouse over it to view an employee's reason for initiating the transaction.
To view more information about an employee, click his/her name.
Clicking the shift's date will display all of the other shifts of the same schedule that overlap it, so you can view which employees will be working with one another if the transaction is approved. It should be noted that clicking a swapped shift's date will display the overlapping shifts of the initiator's shift.
A page of multiple pending transactions can be filtered by Schedule and/or Job by using the dropdown at the top.
The expanded cards for swaps and pickups vary slightly. For pickup cards, all employees who picked up the shift will appear along with any reason they gave when the pickup was initiated. The employees listed are sorted by the requested date (i.e. who picked the shift up first?), but by clicking the arrows of each column, you can sort the content of the card by the column's data. Additionally, the following information will display for each employee looking to work the shift:
- Picked Up - The date/time the shift was picked up.
- Rate - The hourly rate of the employee picking the shift up.
- Tenure - How long the employee has been working for the store. This is based on the Hire Date found in the Staff tab. The length of employment will determine the display of the column:
- Less than a month - Weeks are used (e.g. 1 Week, 2 Weeks, 3 Weeks, etc.)
- Less than a year - Months are used (e.g. 1 Month, 2 Month, 3 Months, etc.)
- Over a year - Single decimals are used (e.g. 1.2 years)
- Skill Level - The Skill Level the employee is for Job he/she is attempting to pick up.
- Proj Hrs - The number of hours the employee would be projected to work for the week if the shift is approved
- For sites without timecard punches, this column will display the scheduled hours for the week including the pending transaction.
- For sites with timecard punches, this column will display the actual hours from the start of the week to the current day plus the remaining scheduled hours (including the pending transaction) for the remainder of the week.
- Alerts - When the pending transaction would cause a violation, a warning icon will display. The icons are as follows:
- DBL - The employee would be scheduled for a double if the pending transaction is approved
- OT - The employee would be scheduled for overtime if the pending transaction is approved
- RTR - Right to Rest - The shift violates the Employee Threshold of hours between another shift. Employee Thresholds must be configured.
- S - Spread of Hours - Only for sites on the Week 40 [NY Standard] OT rule.
- If day spread of hours > 10 hours, add $9.70 in special pay
- Spread of Hours is defined as: the length of the interval between the beginning and end of an employee's workday. The spread of hours for any day includes working time plus time off for meals plus intervals off duty.
- Example 1: 7 a.m. – 10 a.m., 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. = 6 hours worked but a 15 hour spread
- Example 2: 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., 4 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. = 9½ hours worked but a 10½ hour spread
- Example 3: 8 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. = 10.25 hours worked
Hovering your mouse over the message or alert icons will display more information
The only difference between the Pickup card and the Swap card is the Swap card displays what the original shift for each user is, so you know if by approving the transaction, the other employee listed will be assigned the other's shift.
New Auto Pickup/Release
The new user interface for Auto Pickup/Release will begin rolling out in three phases starting on April 2, 2018, continuing on April 23rd, and concluding on April 30th. Below is a detailed walkthrough of the feature:
This tool does exactly what it sounds and allows employees to set a date to automatically pick up or release a shift based on different criteria.
The Auto Pickup/Release landing page will display any previously-entered submissions including the type of submission it is (A), the date the submission is for (B), the day part(s) (C), the minimum amount of time required before the shift start time (D), what Jobs, Schedules, and Locations a shift must be for in order to be picked up or released (E), and whose shifts you want (F). clicking the pencil for an individual line allows you to edit the entry while clicking the trashcan removes it. To add a new submission, click ADD in the upper, right-hand corner.
By clicking ADD, the Add Auto Pickup or Release modal will display. This is where you can select a date, and customize your submission. The 4.76 mobile Release Notes (03.01.2018) introduced the ability to select more days when making submissions, and the behavior has been applied to the web application with this Release. The date you select must be the current day or any day within the next 29 days.
- Minimum Notice allows you the time you think you will need before a shift starts. In other words, if you have 2 hours configured, and someone releases their current-day 5:00pm shift at 4:00pm, you will not pick it up.
- Shift Time allows you to specify what time of day you're looking to work or when you can't. You can either leave the After box unchecked to select the entire period (Breakfast, Afternoon, Evening), or you can check the box and select a time a shift must fall after before it is considered for pickup/release.
- With Filters, you are able to specify which Schedules, Jobs, and Locations you do or don't want to work. Additionally, you are able to select which Employees you to want to pick up from.
In the event you want to edit a submission, simply click the pencil icon for the part of the day you want to edit, and make your change.
It should be noted that Shift Time is not an option from the Edit modal. If you need to make changes, you will need to add a new submission and remove the old one using the trashcan icon.
Scheduler - KPI Menu Behavior
The KPI panel at the bottom of the Scheduler is defaulted to be in a collapsed state, but you expand it by clicking the vertical lines on the left, any of the blue links to specific KPIs, and the Show button on the right. Once expanded, the menu will remain open if you navigate to another tab in the site and then go back to the Scheduler. Once you log out, however, and log back in, the panel will be collapsed again.
Scheduler - ACA Status & Avg Weekly Hours
The employee cell in the Scheduler no longer contains the Affordable Care Act status or Average Weekly Hours. Depending on purchased options, this information can be found in the Employee Info Card by clicking the employee’s name.
Scheduler - Improved Auto-Scheduler Performance
Improvements have been made to the refresh rate of the user interface when using the Auto-Scheduler to assign House Shifts.
Scheduler - Improving Default Shift Lengths
By navigating to the Menu in the Scheduler, and selecting Settings, you are able to configure the default shift length by .25 increments whereas previously, you were limited to hour increments. In the event you enter a non-quarter hour increment, the system will round to the nearest one.
API - Updated getTimeCards V3 to Include Unpaid Meals
The getTimeCards V3 has been improved so that regHrs are automatically calculated to include breaks earned by employees.
Please sign in to leave a comment.