Unit cost price is derived from the original unit price inserted into the system via the order guides. As prices fluctuate, the unit price will display the weighted average price.
- A store purchased 10lb of cucumbers at $1.00 per pound last week.
- This week, they purchased 10lb of cucumbers at $2.00 per pound.
- The weighted average price for these 20lb of cucumbers will be $1.50 per pound.
- As the store starts using the cucumber in production, the system will automatically pull from the inventory that was ordered first. So in this example, at the end of the following week, the store has 5lb of the $1.00 per pound and 10lb of the $2.00 per pound cucumbers left.
- This will increase the weighted average price per pound (unit cost) will increase to $1.666. These unit cost prices will fluctuate until all costs are the same.
These unit cost numbers are displayed on the Inventory Report in the Unit Cost column.
Follow these steps to view an item's Unit Cost Price in MacromatiX:
- Log into your MacromatiX account and select the Reports tab to the far left side of the screen.
- Select the Weekly Reports sublink.
- At the top of the screen, the Analysis drop box will default to Inventory.
- Fill out the Week you need to view.
- Select the Store you need to view.
Note: There is a Multi Store tab available for users with access to multiple locations.
- Select either View on Screen, Export to Excel, or Export All to Excel depending on how you wish to view the report.
- Once your report is generated, to the far right you will see a Unit Cost corresponding with each item.