Select the release feature from the table below to be taken directly to that section of the release note.
Employees must either have a regular schedule or be excluded from a regular schedule when editing posted work schedule on the mobile app.
Release date for all features: October 24, 2023
Enforce Regular Schedule Requirement for Shifts (iOS)
- Enabled by default? - Yes
- Set up by customer admin? - N
- Enable via support ticket? - No
- Affects configuration or data? - No
- Roles affected: - All employees
Preventing managers from making schedule edits from the Roster on the mobile app when Regular Schedules are enabled for a client. Employees must either have a regular schedule for the scheduling week OR be excluded from having a regular schedule in order to be placed on a work schedule.
Reason for the Change
New York City’s Fast-Food ordinance does not include salaried employees. These changes give managers the ability to properly manage those individuals' schedules while enforcing the requirements that employees have a regular schedule.
This feature is intended for customers adhering to New York City’s Fast-Food ordinance for regular schedules.
Release Note Info/Steps
When Regular Schedules are enabled for a client:
- An employee must have a regular schedule or be excluded from a regular schedule in order to be scheduled.
- Managers will receive an error message if they attempt to schedule an employee that does not have a regular schedule with an effective date for the scheduling week.
- The scheduler will allow employees excluded from regular schedule requirements to be scheduled without regular schedule restrictions.