New Features & Improvements | Mobile
Violating Shift Approvals for Minimum Hours Between Shifts
When an Employee Threshold is set for Hours Between Scheduled Shifts for an employee, and that employee either picks up or swaps for a violating shift, you will receive a warning when approving the pickup/swap from your mobile device that states, “This shift pickup breaks rules for the time-between-shifts and may result penalty pay if approved.” This warning will also be available when approving/denying on the web application in a future Release.
New Features & Improvements | Web
Reporting - Schedule Audit Report
On December 5, 2017, the new Schedule Audit Report will be enabled for all customers. Each initial shift will appear in gray, and all modifications will appear in white. The Hours Change column displays if hours were added or subtracted to the originally scheduled shift. The Days Modified to Shift Date column displays the number of days outside of a shift that it was modified. In other words, if a shift's time was modified 2 days prior to its scheduled date, a 2 would appear. In rare instances, you might want to edit a past day. When this happens, the number will be a negative. For example, a shift that was modified 2 days after the fact will appear as -2.
Please note that data for the report will only display for schedules posted on, and after November 8, 2017.
The report can be filtered by employee, schedule, edit type, and by who made the modification. Additionally, there are sliding bars so you can filter the report by "Hours Difference" and "Days Modified."
- Employees - Filter your report by one, a few, or all of your employees.
- Schedules - View all the changes for a specific schedule, or for all of them.
- Edit Type - Filter your report to display initial shifts, and shifts that were added, edited, deleted, housed, picked up, swapped, and released.
- Modified By - The report can be filtered to show changes by a specific manager. Any manager that has posted or modified a schedule within the date range can be selected.
- Hours Difference - Refers to the difference in originally-scheduled time and the modified schedule. For example, if the original shift was 9:00am - 4:00pm (8 hours) and then edited to a 10:00am - 3:00pm (5 hours) shift, that's a difference of -3 hours. The "Hours Difference" filter allows you to control what shifts would appear in the report. If your filter is set from -2 HRS to +2 HRS, that -3 hour shift would not appear.
- It should be noted that a figure will not appear for swapped shifts.
- Days Modified - Refers to the number in the “Days Modified to Shift Date” column. This column displays the number of days between the scheduled shift and when it was modified. In other words, if a shift for December 1st was modified on November 26th, the report would show 5 in the "Days Modified to Shift Date" column. The "Days Modified" filter allows you to control what shift would appear in the report. If your filter is set from 1 to 4 days, that November 27th shift would not appear.
As with the other reports, for a larger view, you can click the expand icon in the upper, left-hand corner of the report. This will remove the panel of other reports on the left.
To revert to a more compressed version of the report, simply click the collapse icon.
To export the report to a .CSV file, simply click the Export button in the upper, right-hand corner of the report. Any filtered information you have in the report on the site is what will appear in the export.
Settings - Google Calendar
The process for linking your HotSchedules account to your Google Calendar has been updated to match the new HotSchedules branding. To link your Google Calendar to your HotSchedules account, navigate to the Personal subtab of the Settings tab and click Link To My Google Calendar.
You will be presented with a confirmation modal. Click OK.
It’s important to know that you must enable pop-ups because clicking OK above will open a new window so you can log into your Google account. Once you’ve selected the account to link to, Google will ask if you want HotSchedules to manage your calendar. Click Allow.
You will be redirected to the Settings tab, and your Gmail account will now be present along with a Remove button so you can unlink your Google Calendar from HotSchedules.