While working on the Scheduling tab, there are 3 communication tools available to track shift information or send messages to staff.
- Day Notes
- Message Employees
- Message All Scheduled Staff
Day Notes are a great way to keep track of daily occurrences or reminders about a shift! These notes will be visible to other managers on the Scheduling tab, scheduling reports, and on the Roster in the mobile app.
To add a day note on the scheduler, follow these steps:
- Go to the Scheduling tab and toggle to the week in question.
- There will be a comment bubble in the column header for each day. To create a day note, select the comment bubble for the day you would like to edit.
- This will open a window where you can view any previous notes that have been created for that day. To create a new note, click Add Note.
- Any day that already has a note saved will have a filled in comment bubble. Select it to view all notes.
- While viewing a day note, you will have the ability to edit (if you are the creator) or delete it.
Day Notes can also be found in the following reports:
- The roster report on the Scheduling tab will have a Day Note option that can be checked off. Selecting this will show any day notes for the day you are on.
- An option to show Day Notes can also be found on the Extended Schedule Report and the Roster Report on the Reporting tab.
- They are also visible on the Roster in the mobile app.
While working in the scheduler, you may find that you need to send a HotSchedules message to a particular employee. This can be done without leaving the Scheduling tab.
- Select the name of any employee on the Scheduling tab.
- This will open a window with information about that employee. Select the button that says Send Message.
Message Scheduled Staff
There is also an option to send a HotSchedules message to all of your scheduled staff members.
- Navigate to the Scheduling tab and open the Menu on this page.
- Select Message Scheduled Staff.
- This will open a window where you can specify the date, subject line, and body of your message. Employees that are scheduled for the date specified will be the ones that receive the message.