New Features & Improvements | Web
Renaming Break Notifications
The “Break Notifications” Email, HS Message, and Push Notification preferences have been renamed to “Meal/Break Notifications.”
Meal/Break Notification Improvements
The Meal/Break Email and Push Notifications for WebClock managers with the Staff - Edit Employee Profile permission have been improved so that they are now sent 15 minutes prior to employees becoming eligible for meals and/or breaks as well as the previous 15 minutes after.
Punch Exceptions and Reviews
PayControl customers with the new Staff - Review Punch Records permission now have the option to review punches before they are exported for payroll. Each PayControl site will be configured with a default set of Punch Exceptions so that the following scenarios are flagged for store-level managers:
- Any shift that has fewer, or more, than 5 hours
- Any actual shift that differs from the scheduled shift by more than 60 minutes
- Any shift that was automatically clocked out
Administrators with access to the Above Store Console, however, are able to configure company-specific Punch Exceptions by clicking Punch Exceptions in the Configurations tab.
The Punch Exceptions screen is the home of each configured Punch Exception. Users can add new exceptions (1) view which stores the exceptions are assigned (2), and the definition of each exception (3). Users can also edit each rule by clicking Edit.
When adding new exceptions, users will need to name them. Each of the following fields will be populated with system-default numbers, but can be changed:
- Long/Short Shifts - Punches that are under the minimum or over the maximum set number of minutes per day will be flagged.
- Actual/Scheduled Variation - Punches that vary greatly from their scheduled times will be flagged.
- Auto Clock Out - When checked, any shift that is automatically clocked out will be flagged.
Once the rule is named and configured, it will need to be assigned.
Any store that is not assigned a custom Exception will be automatically assigned with the default Exception.
Stores can only be assigned one Exception Rule Set at a time. When attempting to assign a second rule set to a store, users will receive an option to remove the original rule and replace it with the new one.
Any custom rule can be edited or deleted while the Default rule can only be edited. Once the Default rule has been altered, the word “Edited” will appear next to its title.
As mentioned above, store-level managers with the Staff - Review Punch Records permission are then able to review a pay period's punches as an extra confirmation before the information is exported for payroll. To review a punch, users can select Review Punches from the More button from within the Punch Records sub-tab of the Staff tab.
The Review Punches screen will display the following for each pay period:
- (1) The total number of punches along with the number of shifts scheduled
- (2) The total number of paid hours along with the number of hours scheduled
- (3) The labor costs along with the cost of scheduled labor
- (4) How much was spent on overtime along with the cost of scheduled overtime
- (5) The list of all the Exception Punches
The list of Exception Punches will provide greater insight for each punch including:
- (1) The date and time of the punch
- (2) The employee associated with the punch
- (3) How many (if any) meals and breaks were flagged as violations
- This column will only appear if a customer is using, and has configured Meals/Breaks
- (4) How many overtime hours were flagged as violations
- (5) Whether or not the shift was automatically clocked out
- The Auto column will only appear for WebClock users who have been set up with the feature
- (6) The variation of scheduled hours to actual hours
- (7) How much time was over/under the acceptable amount configured at the ASC level.
To mark all the existing punches of the pay period "reviewed," managers will need to click the Mark Reviewed button. Punches can be reviewed at any point in a pay period and are labeled as such on the main Punch Records landing page, however the button will be grayed out for past pay periods. The Reviewed column will display All when all punches for an employee have been reviewed, Partially when some punches have been reviewed, and some have not. The field will be blank if none of the punches have been reviewed.
Managers can click a name and select the History tab to see who reviewed a punch, and view when it was reviewed.