Sometimes it may be necessary to manually upload a sales file into FnB. To do so requires some configuration changes and the creation of a CSV file in Microsoft Excel. This article provides guidance on this.
The following instructions are intended for customer system administrators.
- Expand Home and navigate to the site the sales will be uploaded to
- Go to the Edit Site tab
Fig. 1 – Edit Site
In the 'PLU Dataload' section, update the following fields:
- For Dataload Header, select Micros 3700
- In PLU Auto Upload File Code type in YYYYMMDD.csv
Fig.2 – Dataload configuration
Any header other than Micros 3700 will not work for manually loaded sales.
If another configuration is already present and the manual load is a one-off this can be changed back after the manual load.
Preparing the CSV File
This can be done in Microsoft Excel. The column format for the file is:
A – PLU Number
B – Item Description
C - Sales Price
D - QTY Sold
E - Gross Sales
- Enter the values as required
Fig.3 – Example file
- Save the file in Excel as a .CSV file
The file must be CSV for it to load successfully in FnB
Loading the File in FnB
- Log in at Site level and navigate to Stock Management > Import POS Figures > Upload PLU data
Fig. 4 – Upload PLU data
- Select the date range required for the sales (this will default to the start and end dates of the period)
The dates on the files must be of a date that falls within the current stock period dates
- Browse to select the file location and then Submit
Fig. 5 – Select sales date
Raw Data Sales Report
The Raw Data Sales Report will match the file loaded.
- Go to file reports > raw uploaded file
Please note: The report will deduct VAT from the gross sales to provide a net sales value.
Fig.6 – Sales loaded and file reports button
Fig.7 – Raw uploaded file