If Section 3 of a reverification for I-9 was completed on paper, the Administrator or Manager might want to opt out of the reverification process in the PeopleMatter system to prevent ICE fines for over-documentation.
Administrators and Managers can use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access individuals who need reverification of an expiring document on an I-9.
The system will not notify you when a reverification is due. You will need to use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access this information.
To access the I-9 Documentation Dashboard:
- Select WorkSpaces
- Under your organization's name, select Administrator
The Administrator WorkSpace or HOME tab will appear.
- Under 'Shortcuts' select I-9 Documentation
Fig.1 - Home tab > I-9 Documentation
- Select List active employees or search for team members by name
The status of each individual will be displayed on the right.
- Use filters to narrow down your search
- Use the I-9 Status filter for Reverification Due
Fig.2 - 'Reverification Due' filters
Team Members' statuses will display on the right as 'Reverification Due'.
- Select Actions > Opt-Out of Reverification
Fig.3 - 'Reverification Due' and 'Opt-Out' option
The Opt-Out window will display
- Enter the Next Reverification Due Date or choose Not Applicable
- Select Submit
Fig.4 - Reverification Due Date
If you are using the Beta dashboard you will see an I-9 Compliance section on the home tab.
This will show any overdue I-9s for employees hired in the last 90 days and a count of any employees whose I-9 reverification is due within the next 30 days.
If any employees are due reverification, selecting View list will navigate you back to the legacy I-9 dashboard where you can view I-9 status by employee
- USCIS Website on Reverification
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I Reverify an Expiring Document on an I-9?
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard?
- PeopleMatter: How do I Upload a Document for an Applicant/Candidate/Team Member?
- PeopleMatter: Managers: How do I Upload I-9 Documentation using Document Fast Capture on the Mobile App? (video)