In Activity-Based Scheduling, each department is scheduled independently. The downloadable PDF allows users to download the schedule for all departments they have access to.
- In the Schedule, navigate to the week to download
- Use the Actions drop-down and select Download Schedule PDF
Fig.1 – Download Schedule button
The data displayed will be for the schedule week for the date currently being viewed. The default downloadable schedule view will be All Roles – see Fig.2.
Fig.2- Downloadable schedule default view
- To filter the downloadable schedule by job role, select the job role from the drop-down
If job roles are filtered when downloading the schedule, it will only display the selected job roles. Note – if selecting more than one department the All Roles filter is disabled.
Contractor Shifts are displayed at the bottom of the schedule – see Fig.3.
Fig.3 – Contractor shifts
Employee shifts are displayed in the following format - “[Job Role Symbol] Shift Start Time – Shift End Time” – see Fig.4.
Contractor shifts are displayed in the following format - “[Number of Contractor Employees]” [Job Role Symbol] Shift Start Time – Shift End Time” – see Fig.4.
Fig.4 – Employee and Contractor shift display
Selecting Multiple Departments
Multiple departments can be downloaded at the same time.
- Select additional departments from the department drop-down - the list of available departments will be based on the user’s department access
- All Departments will select all which the user has access to
The selected departments will be displayed onscreen and included in the PDF download. The department to which the user is logged in cannot be deselected - it is greyed out.
Fig.5 – Select Departments
PDF Schedule Actions
There are three different options that can be applied to the downloadable schedule:
- Show Signature Column – adds a column to the downloadable schedule titled “Signature”, so that employees can physically sign the schedule when printed out – see Fig.7
- Show Total Hrs by Employee – adds a column to the downloadable schedule called “Total Hrs”, displaying the total hours (excluding breaks) that the employee is scheduled for in that job role, for that schedule week - see Fig.8
- Blank Version - downloads a blank schedule for all employees in that department - see Fig.9
These three options can be used individually or combined to suit requirements.
Fig.6 – Downloadable schedule actions
Fig.7 – Show Signature column
Fig.8 – Show total hrs by employees
Fig.9 – Blank Version