When a new Location is created within Fourth's HR & Payroll product (formerly known as People System), it can then be configured for use within ATS.
This article details guidance on the configuration options that are available.
Please Note: The processes detailed within this article can only be carried out by a system user who has the Company Administration permission in HR, is an Admin user within ATS, and has Admin access to the Engage app (if applicable). If an individual does not have the required access permissions, they will need to liaise with their HR Department.
For guidance on creating/configuring Locations for use in other Fourth products, please see WFM UK: Creating and Configuring a New Location - All Fourth Products
After a new Location has been created in HR & Payroll (see WFM - Creating a Location), the following steps need to be taken.
Location Setup in the Engage Console
- Create a new Location in the Engage console. A guide on how to do this can be found here - Fourth Engage - Creating New Locations
This is important as the Engage Location ID will be needed for the ATS Location setup.
Please Note: If you are not using the Engage app the above cannot be completed. Please go to the Fourth Success Portal and create a case, using the template below:
Customer Name: XXXXX
Please enable ATS for Location XXXXXXX by dd/mm/yyyy
Please add the attached image to the Location.
The Location(s) has not been created in the Engage console.
The Location(s) has not been created in the ATS.
Multiple Locations can be sent in one request. Please ensure that the Location images are labelled correctly so Fourth is able to identify which image belongs to which locations (Size of the image max: 1696px w x 955px)
Location Setup within ATS
- Log into ATS, and within the Set Up drop-down menu, select Locations
Fig.1 – Locations in Set Up Drop-Down Menu
- Create a new Location by selecting + New from the bottom of the page
Fig.2 - + New Button to Create a New Location
Fields with a red asterisk next to the field name are mandatory.
Fields displayed on the Location page are:
- Brand* - Select the brand which the new Location is associated with from the drop-down
- Location name* - The name of the Location, this will be visible to applicants and can be different to the name used in HR & Payroll
- Building name - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- Building number - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- Street - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- District - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- City/Town* - Enter the City which the Location is in
- County - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- Postcode* - Enter the Postcode of the Location, which can be taken directly from HR & Payroll
- Country* - Select the Country of the Location (UK or Republic of Ireland)
- Phone number – This will be used by candidates to contact the Location, it is strongly recommended to populate this field
- Fax number - If applicable, this can be filled in here
- Location email – This will be required if a location email is used within candidate email communication. It is important that the email address is not in danger of being disabled.
- Latitude – The data entered here will be used to populate a map on the Vacancy page, and is based on the postcode of the Location. Postcode converters can be found online (i.e. https://www.freemaptools.com/convert-uk-postcode-to-lat-lng.htm)
- Longitude – The data entered here will be used to populate a map on the Vacancy page, and is based on the postcode of the Location
- HR Location* - This must match the associated Location Description field in the HR module. Any difference in spelling will cause an issue with the setup of the new Location. Please be mindful of any 'blank' spaces that might appear in the location name within the HR module that can also cause an integration issue.
Fig.3 – Location Fields
- Location ID* - This is obtained from the Salesforce Console by the Engage Admin user of the individual’s Company
To obtain the Location ID from Salesforce:
- Go to the Salesforce Console > Locations > Go > select the individual Location > Location Id (see Fig.4). This is required for the ATS to enable SSO via the Engage app
Fig.4 – Location ID in Salesforce Console
- Description for Vacancy - The Location description filled in here will be visible to candidates on every Vacancy page for that particular Location. This can be left blank
Adding Location Images
The Attachments tab enables images for each Location.
- Select Attachments
The page will show an image if there is one already assigned to the Location.
Fig.5 – Attachments Tab
To add a new image:
- Drag and drop the new image into the upload space or select the upload cloud icon
- The image size should be - 1696 Width x 955 Height - 72 dpi
Please Note: Only one image can be added to a Location. Also, the ATS platform only allows either Location Images or Role images, it does not support both.
- Select Update to save the image to the Location
Adding Location Access to Existing User Permissions
If the new location needs to be accessed by existing ATS users, then the location access needs to be assigned by a user with Admin Permission and access to the User Management section in the ATS. For more information on how to change user access please visit: WFM - Changing User Access in ATS
For users who have the new Location set up as their home Location within the HR portal, Location access gets assigned when enabling ATS access for such users and no further action is required.
For any queries or issues, please contact the Company’s Customer Success Manager or Customer Care Team.