This article explains the process for configuring Locations within the Engage console when a new Location has been created in the Workforce Management (WFM) solution. This configuration will ensure that any employees created within the new Location will automatically be activated and receive a welcome email for Fourth Engage.
The instructions in this article are intended for system administrators.
For guidance on creating/configuring Locations for use in other Fourth products, please see WFM UK: Creating and Configuring a New Location - All Fourth Products
For a list of all available Fourth Engage administration articles, please visit: Fourth Engage - List of Knowledge Articles.
Enabling Fourth Account Service by Location
- Create a new Location in the HR module, following the instructions in this article - WFM UK: HR: Creating a Location
- When creating the Location, ensure that the box for Enable Fourth Account Service is ticked
Fig.1 - Enable Fourth Account Service - Location setting
Any new employees created for this Location will automatically be activated and receive their Fourth account 'Welcome' email. The same will happen for any existing employees who do not already have a Fourth account and who are moved to the new Location.
Any existing employees already at the Location will need to have their Fourth accounts enabled manually - please see Engage Mobile: Account Service Setup and Activation for guidance.
Creating a New Location within the Engage Console
Once the Location has been created in Workforce Management it must then be created in the Engage console (in Salesforce).
- Once logged in, go to the Locations tab and select Create New Location
Fig.2 - Locations tab > Create New Location
- Complete all required fields (mandatory fields are marked red)
- Location Name – the chosen Location Name
- Country – the country where the Location is based
- Brand – by selecting the magnifying glass a list of brands will appear
- Trade Simple Location – this is the GUID ID. There are GUIDs for specific Job Roles, Locations and Divisions. See below for how to find out the GUID
- Customer ID - leave this blank
- Once all fields are complete, select Save
The new Location will then be created.
Fig.3 - Adding Location details
How to find out the GUID
- Go to the HR module within the HR & Payroll system
- Select Reports > Exports
- Choose GUID Location, Division, Job Title UDG and then Run Report
This will create an Excel spreadsheet export that contains the specific GUIDs.
Fig.4 - HR > Reports > Exports
Fig.5 - Example GUID report - Location GUIDs highlighted
Creating Groups for New Locations
It is standard practice to create an Engage Group for each Location. This is so that employees working at that Location can join the group and see posts/information that are relevant to them.
During a project, this would likely be done by Fourth. For customers who are 'live' (out of project phase), they are expected to create their own groups.
- Back in the Engage console, go to the Groups tab and select New
Fig.6 - Groups tab
- Complete all required fields - see Fig.8 below for an explanation of each one
Fig.7 - Group Edit Screen
Fig.8 - Group Detail Fields Explained