Creating a LocationLocations are created within the HR Module. Employees will be assigned to a Location which feeds through to the other modules, i.e. Payroll and Rotas, to ensure that hours and payslips are correct.
- Go to HR > Company Admin > Locations > Create Location
Fig.1 - The Create Location screen
Each field needs to be completed:
- Description - The name of the location which will appear within an employee’s record and on the rota
- Address and contact details for the location
- Location Code Prefix
- Hide Tronc Rate From Employment Details Screen? - This will hide the option to enter a tronc rate on the Employment Details screen for new employees and existing employees
- Accounting System Code – This will be used if sales are sent to Fourth by FTP. Within the FTP folder the sales will be split by the accounting system code. This code will also be used for splitting the costs within the nominal ledger export. There is no rule for this code - it can be any sequence of numbers and letters
Opening Date – This will be the first week the site opened. It can be backdated if the site was open before the company began using Fourth. Alternatively it can be left blank
- Group Location - Make a selection from the Region drop-down
- Is Non-Payroll Location? - Should be ticked when this location does not use Fourth's Payroll. If ticked, employees cannot be transferred within the employment details. They would need to be terminated and then rehired
- Once all of the above has been completed, the Save button must be used
At the bottom of the Edit Location screen there are a number of buttons. Each of these lead to extra settings that must also be completed before the Location can be fully set up. These buttons are indicated in Fig.2 and are listed below with further explanation.
Fig.2 - The Edit Location screen
Lieu Day Settings
- Lieu Type can be either days or hours
- Do Lieu Days/Hours Expire Expire? and Are Negative Lieu Days/Hours Allowed? are options which will need to be discussed and agreed internally within the business
- To move all divisions from Available to Assigned use the > > double arrow button
- If only a select few are used for this location, highlight the necessary Available divisions and use the > single arrow button
- Save changes
Assign PAYE Company
- The same approach will need to be taken when assigning the PAYE Company. Move the relevant company for this location over to the Assigned section using the > arrow button
- Save changes before moving to the next step
Assigning Job Titles
- Use the arrow buttons to assign Job Titles to the location
- Save changes
Assigning Shift Types
- Use the arrow buttons to assign shift types to the location
- Save changes
These shift types will feed through to the rota and will be available for employees to be scheduled onto.
Editing Holiday Settings
- The Holiday Year End Date can be configured here if locations have different end dates
- This can also be done for the Default Maximum Days Allowed for flexible staff
Please Note: If the holiday year end date is changed in the Location settings, this will override the Global Setting.
Please see article How to: Set Up User Defined Groups for more information.