If one of your employees is having trouble logging in, you can retrieve their username, change the email address attached to their account, or send them a link to reset their password.
- Navigate to the Staff List and select the name of the employee who is having trouble logging in
- To provide an employee with their username, it can be found at the top of the page as per Fig.1
- To reset the employee's password, select Send Password Reset. A password reset email will then be sent to the email address attached to the employee's account
Password resets are only possible for employees who have a confirmed email address in the system, indicated by a green checkmark as seen in Fig.1. For employees with unconfirmed email addresses, please keep reading for further instructions.
- If you need to change their email address, select the email field on the left side of the page and enter the new address. Click elsewhere on the page and it will automatically save
Fig.1 - Email address, Username, and Password Reset options
If the employee does not have a confirmed email on their account, this page will look slightly different - the checkmark beside the email address will be gray instead of green - see Fig.2.
- To resend them their confirmation email select the gray checkmark
Fig.2 - Resending confirmation email
- Instruct the employee to select the link in the email they receive
- Once that is done, you will be able to select Send Password Reset on their profile (as per previous steps) or the employee can use the Forgot Password tool on the HotSchedules login page
If you are having a technical issue and need assistance, please contact us through the blue "Help" button in the corner or refer to our Support Contact Information article.