Once an employee has been added to the Staff List, they need to be sent a Welcome Email or Welcome Sheet to be able to log in for the first time. Both email and sheet take the user to the setup page where they enter their own details.
- Go to Staff List
- Check the box for required employee
- Welcome Staff drop-down > Send Welcome Email
The Employee will receive an email that will direct them to set up their profile - see Fig.1
They will then be able to create their own username and password.
Their email address will be automatically populated and they will just need to enter their phone number and pick their security questions.
For the employees guide in navigating through the Welcome Email please see: HS: How to Setup Your Account: Welcome Email
Fig.1 - Welcome email
You can also send the Welcome Email to multiple employees at once.
- As per Fig.2 below, check the boxes against the required employees and select Welcome Staff drop-down > Send Welcome Email
Fig.2 - Sending Welcome Email to multiple employees
If the employee doesn't have an email address, you will be able to print a Welcome Sheet.
Welcome sheets are printable start-up guides for both employees and managers. They provide a HotSchedules user their initial username and password, plus useful information to get started using HotSchedules.
For the employees' guide to navigating through the Welcome Sheet please see HS: How to Setup Your Account: Welcome Sheet.
- To print out a welcome sheet, go into the Staff tab
- Check the box next to the names of the staff members for which you need welcome sheets (checking the box at the top of the column will select all employees)
- Select Welcome Sheet from the Welcome Staff dropdown menu. In the box that appears, select either English or Spanish, and click Print.
This will bring up a PDF of the welcome sheet(s) that you can print out and give to the staff member(s).
Employees will then follow instructions from the sheet, which will take them to the create profile page.
Generating the New Employee Welcome Sheet Report
- Navigate to the Reporting tab, then select Dashboard
Fig.4 - Navigation
- Under All Reports, locate the report by searching keywords or by selecting New Employee Welcome Sheet from the Staff & Store section
Fig.5 - Report selection [select image to enlarge]
- In the EMPLOYEES - ACTIVE section, select specific employees
Fig.6 - Select employee(s)
- Or in the SCHEDULES section, select specific schedules to capture all employees who are assigned to it
Fig.7 - Select schedule(s)
- Welcome sheets can be generated in English or Spanish
Fig.8 - Language selection
- Select Generate Report to view it on screen or select Print Report to print a copy to give to the employee
Fig.9 - Generate or print options
Please note: If you are printing multiple welcome sheets, make sure you give the correct welcome sheet to each employee. Their names will be printed on the top of the page.
Fig.10 - Welcome sheet
I have been given a welcome sheet, created new username and password, and my employer has my correct email. I still cannot log in after numerous attempts!
Hi Kimberly Mabry
So sorry to hear that!
If you have any queries around changing your password for HotSchedules, we have a few articles that can be of assistance for you.
HS – Login Issue FAQ
HS - How to Setup Your Account
Please do let us know if these do not address your query and we can look into this further for you!
Fourth & HotSchedules
I have not had a welcome sheet
If you have not received a Welcome Sheet or Welcome Email, please reach out to your manager to get assistance with receiving that information.
Fourth Community Team
I can find how to set up a global account
Hi Jonathan Robinson-Sutton,
For information on Login Issues with Global Profile accounts, please see, HS: Reset your Global Profile Password/Recover Username (Login Issue).
Fourth & HotSchedules
Please sign in to leave a comment.