OverviewThe Invoice Entry function is used when a product has been purchased outside of a purchase order, e.g. services, utilities, etc.
- Go to Accounting > Invoices > Invoice Entry
Fig.1 - Accessing the Invoice Entry screen
- In the left-side panel, use the search fields provided to look-up a vendor by the Vendor Number, Vendor Name, City/Country that the vendor is located in
- Select either Active or Inactive from the Status drop-down
- Once located, double-click on the correct vendor to open the Invoice Entry screen (see Fig.3)
Fig.2 - Searching for the Vendor to which the Invoice needs to be applied
Fig.3 - The Invoice Entry screen
The table below lists and describes the fields on the Invoice Entry screen.
|Vendor Number||Displays the Adaco Vendor number.|
|Vendor Name||Displays the name of the Vendor|
|AP Vendor Reference||Displays the number keyed into the AP Cross-Reference # field on the Vendor Master.|
|Invoice Number||A field which allows the number appearing on the physical invoice to be keyed in.|
|Document Reference||A field which allows any Document References to be keyed in.|
|Invoice Type||Displays all exportable and non-exportable payments built in Adaco under Property > Setup > Accounting > Payment Methods.|
|Invoice Date||A date may be keyed in or selected using the calendar drop-down.|
|Invoice Amount||A field which allows the amount on the invoice to be keyed in.|
|Difference||If a difference exists between the keyed in amount in the Invoice Amount field and the Distribution Amount field, then it will appear here when the Calculate Before Posting button is pressed.|
|Vendor Details||Displays the address information that is keyed in on the Vendor Master.|
When an Invoice is being put into the system without a purchase order, the Accounts Payable and General Ledger accounts will need to be defined.
- To do this, select Add Account to add a line where these accounts may be defined
Fig.4 - Adding an account to the Invoice Entry
The table below lists and describes the fields used when adding an Account.
|APAccount||Displays a list of the Accounts Payable Adaco number, name of the account, and cross reference number.
If Enable Outlet Accounts, located under Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Inventory, is turned on, then setting the APAccount first will then limit what may be chosen for the GLAccount.
|Account Number||The Adaco number for the account will auto-populate when the account is chosen.|
|Account Description||The name of the account will auto-populate when the account is chosen.|
|GLAccount||Displays a list of the Adaco number, name of the account, and the General Ledger number.
If Enable Outlet Accounts, located under Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Inventory, is turned on, then setting the GLAccount first will then limit what may be chosen for the APAccount.
|Outlet Number||The Adaco number for the outlet.|
|Outlet Name||The name of the outlet.|
|Distribution Amount||The amount that needs to be applied to the account.|
If applicable, more than one account may be added to the Invoice Entry screen so that the invoice will be appropriately distributed to the multiple accounts.
Attachments, such as a scan of the invoice, may be attached to the Invoice Entry. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Select Attachments and then the ... button to browse for the file
- Once the file is located, select it and use the Open button
- To attach the file, select Add and then OK to save the attachment
- The file can then be viewed by double-clicking the file name in the Attachment box
- To remove an incorrect file, select the filename and then use the Delete button
Fig.5 - Adding attachments to an invoice
- If more than one account is added to the Invoice Entry screen, selecting the Calculate Before Posting will automatically total the Distribution Amount to show if it matches the total invoice amount
This will be shown in the Difference field where the amount differing (positive or negative) will be shown, or $0.00 if there's no difference between the two fields.
Fig.6 - The Calculate Before Posting function
- After all the accounts, attachments, and invoice information has been completed, the invoice entry may be committed by selecting Post
If any errors have been posted, then an invoice entry using the negative amounts for the APAccount and/or GLAccount will need to be posted, as well as another invoice entry containing the correct accounts and/or amounts.
Fig.7 - Posting an Invoice Entry
Configuring Manual Invoice Approval
- Go to Property > Administration > Property Preferences > Receiving
- There is an option called Enable Manual Invoice Approval Routing
When this option is checked, non-PO invoices which are entered in the Invoice Entry screen will require approval before they can be exported to the AP system.
Once this feature is enabled one or more approval routes can be created for the routing on non-PO invoices.
- Approval routes are configured in Property > Set Up > Routing > Route Builder
- When creating a new route the Invoice Route option should be selected
An approval route can contain multiple Reviewers, Approvers and Final Approvers. As a minimum the route should contain one Final Approver.
When a non-PO invoice is entered in the Invoice Entry screen it can be saved only and not posted.
- Once saved the invoice can be routed for approval by selecting the Approvals button at the top of the invoice entry screen
- From the approvals window the invoice can either be submitted to an approval route or to an individual user for approval.
When an invoice is routed for approval it will trigger an email to the user who is next required to review / approve the invoice. All users who will be required to review or approve an invoice will need to belong to a user group which has the following access rights enabled:
- Accounting > Invoice Review / Approval – this will allow access to a new screen which will display all invoices requiring review or approval
- Accounting > Invoice Review / Approval > Delete – This will allow a reviewer or approver to delete an invoice prior to approval and export to AP
- Accounting > Invoice Review / Approval > Edit – This will allow a reviewer or approver to amend an invoice during the approval process. Note: If an invoice is amended after it has been approved by one or more users then the amended invoice must be re-submitted for approval.
Fig. 08 - Showing Manual Invoice Approval
- The new Invoice Review/Approval screen is accessed from the Accounting > Invoices menu (subject to the access right above) and will display all non-PO invoices which have not yet been exported to the AP system and are assigned to an outlet to which the user has access.
Please note: For a multiple outlet invoice the invoice will be visible to the user if they have access to at least one outlet included in the invoice but will only be editable if they have access to all outlets in the invoice
From within the Invoice Review / Approval screen an authorised user can:
- Right click on an invoice and select the Delete option (subject to access right above)
- Right click on an invoice and select the Approvals option. In this instance the Approvals form will open from which the user can review or approve the invoice
- Right click on an invoice and select the Details option (double clicking on the invoice will have the same effect). In this instance the invoice will be opened in either read only or editable mode depending on the access right above.
Fig.9 - Showing Manual Invoice Review/Approval Screen
When an invoice is reviewed or approved it will progress to the next user in the approval process until it is finally approved, at which point it will become visible in the AP export screen. Once an invoice is exported it will no longer be visible in the Invoice Review/Approval screen.