The Multiple PO/Invoice functionality can be used to combine the cost details of multiple Purchase Orders into a single Invoice. This article describes completing this process within Purchasing & Inventory (formerly known as Adaco).
Using the Multiple PO/Invoice Functionality
- Go to Accounting > Invoices > Invoice Entry – Multiple PO/Invoice
Fig.1 – Accessing the Invoice Entry Screen
Please note: Only vendors with POs that have been received but do not have Invoice details entered against them will show on this screen.
- Use the Search functionality to locate a Vendor by the Vendor Number, Vendor Name or City/Country
- Select either Active or Inactive from the Status drop-down
Fig.2 – Search for the Vendor, Multiple PO/Invoice
- Once located, double-click on the correct Vendor to open the Invoice Entry – Multiple PO/Invoice screen (see Fig.3)
- Enter an Invoice reference in the Invoice Number field
- Enter an Invoice Type
- Invoice Types can be configured in Property Setup > Accounting > Payment Methods
- Enter an Invoice Date
- Select the Order Numbers-Received Numbers to be included in the Multiple PO Invoice
- Enter the Invoice Amount
The Invoice amount must be the total of the combined POs/Receivings. If there is a difference between the Invoice amounts and the combined PO/Receiving total, then it will be unavailable to post.
- Select Post to complete the process
Fig.3 – Invoice Entry, Multiple PO/Invoice Screen
The table below provides more detail on the fields within the Multiple PO/Invoice screen:
|Vendor Number||Displays the Purchasing & Inventory Vendor number|
|Vendor Name||Displays the name of the Vendor|
|AP Vendor Reference||Displays the number keyed into the AP Cross-Reference # field on the Vendor details.
|Invoice Number||Enter the number from the physical Invoice in this field|
|Document Reference||Enter the required Document Reference|
|Invoice Type||Displays all exportable and non-exportable Payments built in Purchasing & Inventory under Property > Setup > Accounting > Payment Methods|
|Invoice Date||Enter a date using the keyboard or select one from the Calendar drop-down|
|Invoice Amount||Enter the Invoice amount in this field|
|Difference||If a difference exists between the keyed in amount in the Invoice Amount field and the Distribution Amount field, then it will appear here when the Calculate Before Posting button is selected|
|Vendor Details||Displays the address information which has been entered in the Vendor details|
Attachments - such as Invoice files - can also be attached to a Multiple PO Invoice in PDF or Word format (see Fig.4). Ensure that the file name does not exceed 50 characters, as if this is the case, then the Invoice will not be able to be posted. This same rule applies when entering a Document Reference.
For further information on this error which can occur, please refer to the following article - Purchasing & Inventory - Entity Validation Error when Posting PO
Fig.4 – Attachments Functionality