How to Import QuotesThe purpose of this article is assist in manually importing vendor quotations into Adaco using a formatted file for a specific valid date range.
- Go to Purchasing > Import Quotations.
- In the Quotation Details section, select in the Vendor Number field, and select the Vendor, as per Fig.2. This is a mandatory field.
Fig.1 - Quote File Not Found message
- When a quote file is not found, select in the Quotation File field to navigate and select the quote file, as per Fig.2. This is a mandatory field.
Note: Quotation file types include:
- XLS - export from Property > Vendor > open Vendor > select Products tab > Export
- CSV - excel file created using a generic 4-column setup: Vendor Product Number, Vendor Product Description, Cost (no currency symbols), Vendor Purchase/Pack Info. Requires Vendor Product Number (Property > Vendor> Options) to be enabled and Delimited Ascii (Property > Vendor > Products tab) to be checked as per Fig.3.
- TXT - similar to the CSV file but the field lengths need to be defined (Property > Vendor > Products tab > Start Position & End Position)
- In the Start Date list, select the start date that the quote will be active. This is a mandatory field
- In the Expires On list, select the date that the quote will expire on. This is a mandatory field
Fig.2 - Quotation Details section
Fig.3 - Product Import Quotation sample.csv
- Select Import
These are vendor products that are associated with products in Adaco, and are in the vendor's list of products as per Fig.4.
Fig.4 - Matched Products
These are products from the vendor that are not associated with products in Adaco, but can be associated in this screen.
Fig.5 - Mismatched Products
|Products Not Quoted||
These are products that are on the vendors list of products, but are not in the quote file.
Fig.6 - Products Not Quoted
These are products that could not be processed for various reasons. The error can sometimes be corrected in this screen, or may need to be fixed within Adaco, or in the quote file itself.
Fig.7 - Error Lines
- Once all necessary corrections have been made to the products in the file, select either Save and New or Save and Close to commit the quote to the system
When a Quotation is generated and there are outstanding mismatched or unquoted items, (even if there are no errors on the specific row), the Quotation Errors Screen can be opened.
Fig.8 – Quotation Errors for example Quotation 26
Please sign in to leave a comment.