This article details how to use the Sysco Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) ordering process.
The Sysco EDI Interface has four sections:
- Quotation Feed
- Order Transmission
- Order Acknowledgement
Quotations are managed at the Corporate level or at the Property level dependent on the site hierarchy.
If Corporate, the feed is applied to the Corporate site and applicable pricing is automatically pushed to the property site by Vendor Product Number (referred to as VPN in Adaco, SUPC in Sysco).
If Property, the applicable pricing is applied directly by VPN. Quotations are loaded in the week for the week.
At the Property level, the user can run the Product Price Quotation report.
When generated, the report shows the quoted price for Sysco item in the date requested.
If an Purchasing & Inventory (Adaco) product assigned to Sysco is not receiving an updated quotation, please contact Sysco OPCO to have it added to the quotation file feed.
To initiate the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) ordering process, the order must be transmitted to the supplier.
- From the Purchase Order Details screen, select the Transmit button in the upper left corner of the window
Fig.4 – Purchase Order Details
Upon selection, the Transfer Status dialog box will appear.
If multiple transmission interfaces (multiple Sysco accounts) exist, there will be a drop-down menu to select which account to transmit to, seen in Fig.6.
- Select Send.
A message will appear which sends the order to the transmit queue.
This action will send an electronic purchase order to the vendor for fulfillment.
It is also possible to transmit multiple purchase orders at the same time from Purchasing Center.
- To do so, use shift/control key to highlight multiple purchase orders, and then follow the above process
Once transmitted, determine if the entire order will be available for delivery on the date requested, or any other details regarding item availability and/or replacement.
The Vendor Interface in Purchasing and Inventory (Adaco) has the ability to provide details regarding the purchase order directly in the application.
After the order has been Transmitted, the order status will change to ‘Transmitted’ with a Date and Time in the Transmitted Date column.
Please note: If the order status remains at 'Transmit Pending' after fifteen minutes, please raise a case through the Customer Community for a member of the Service Team to resolve this issue.
If ‘Acknowledgment’ is at ‘None’ or ‘On Hold’, please contact Sysco OPCO
- From the Purchase Order screen (seen in Fig.8), select the relevant purchase order
- Right click on the Acknowledgement field
- Select View Acknowledgement from the drop-down menu, see Fig.9
When viewing the Acknowledgement, the Action can be manually changed if required.
- To do so, expand the drop-down window and change the action from Pending to Accepted or Rejected
Fig.11 – Action Status
The header Item Ack Status will reflect one of the following:
- Accepted - Valid SUPC and quantity is fulfilled/delivered
- Accepted, Quantity Changed - Valid SUPC and order quantity only partial delivered. It is advised to contact Sysco to confirm what changed quantity is
- Accepted, Schedule date pending - Valid CUPC and order quantity to be delivered at a later date. It is advised to contact Sysco to confirm delivery date
- Substituted - Valid SUPC but no stock available but that SUPC had valid substitute. To know more about Substituted item, please contact the OPCO/distribution center
- Suspended SUPC (due to the vendor not supplying that item to Sysco) - To order different/a substitute item, please contact OPCO. This substituted item info will not be covered in invoice file as it won’t have original ordered item to compare with, so the user will have to manually enter the value in Receiving
- Discontinued SUPC -To order different/a substitute item, please contact OPCO. This substituted item info will not be covered in the invoice file as it won’t have original ordered items to compare with. The user will have to manually enter the value at Receiving
- Invalid SUPC - To order different/a substitute item, please contact OPCO. This substituted item info will not be covered in the invoice file as it won’t have the original ordered items to compare with. The user will have to manually enter the value in Receiving
- Inactive or Proprietary Item
- Split on a Non-Split Item
- Out of Stock (if not substituted)
- Quantity below Minimum split quantity
- Invalid Multiple of Minimum Split
- Customer cannot purchase commodity items
- Cannot allocate a negative quantity
- On Hold - The order is on hold and will not ship until released by SYSCO location. There are many factors that will cause an order to be on hold. It is advised that the user contacts their Account Representative
Please note: Once transmitted, do not resend/retransmit the PO again as it may increase the chance of double deliveries. If there are any issues with the products ordered, or to amend the order quantities, please contact OPCO to make those changes over the phone.
The last part of EDI integration is the feed of the invoice directly into Receiving Center.
When opening the purchase order to receive, the Invoice tab will already be populated with the invoice.
If there is a discrepancy in the invoice amount and the purchase order amount, any applicable rates or changes to quantity/price will need to be verified to balance the purchase order before posting.