HotSchedules has several ways to integrate with a POS system, but the most common comes from our integration Agent, a small piece of software on your BOH Computer that syncs various pieces of POS data with your HotSchedules site daily. Installing this integration agent will not interrupt your daily functions, nor does it require any down time for your POS, but does require a HotSchedules technician to get a remote session on that computer to install.
The following instructions will strive to list the necessary whitelisting and configuration, and can be provided to your network/firewall management provider to assist.
It is very likely that you will need to make slight changes to your network configuration to ensure a successful HotSchedules integration.
NOTE: This integration will sync all active employees and job codes into your HotSchedules site. Don’t forget to clean out your POS before your installation appointment to ensure old team members and inactive job codes do not appear in your new HotSchedules site.
- You need Windows admin rights on your POS to grant remote access to our technicians, and any firewalls that would prevent remote access need to be disabled for the appointment
- Port 8020 on your POS must be open for outbound traffic
- The following websites must be unblocked/whitelisted:
- https://ws.hotschedules.com (22.214.171.124) (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://soap.hotschedules.com (126.96.36.199) (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://api.bodhi.space/ (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- http://developer.bodhi.space/ (outbound and inbound, if downloading the installer locally)
- https://rbcplatform.artifactoryonline.com/ (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://hotschedules.io (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://api.hotschedules.io (port 443 outbound and inbound)
If you have an Aloha POS, and LANDESK security software is in use, NCR will need to place the LANDESK into Learning Mode for the time of our install.
For a more detailed breakdown of this integration tool, please consult the Agent Architecture article here..
For information about importing schedules into your POS for setting up punctuality controls, please refer to the Importing Schedules to Your POS article here.
For information about browsers and operating systems supported by HotSchedules, please refer to the Version Supported Platforms article.