This article will outline what needs to be whitelisted on all company devices to ensure that the HotSchedules application can be fully utilized. Additionally, if you are integrating with HotSchedules, there will likely be some additional configuration required on either your POS server or your BOH machine. For more information on integrating with HotSchedules, view HS: Integration Fact Sheet.
HotSchedules Web Applications
The HotSchedules corporate website and application are now decoupled to improve performance and speed on both. The HotSchedules application web address is app.hotschedules.com: https://app.hotschedules.com/hs/login.jsp
- If you can access the URL above, then you’re all set! No change needs to be made
- If you cannot access the URL above, additional whitelisting steps should be made
Please note: These changes are for access to HotSchedules Web and Mobile Applications. If you are updating your firewall for integrating with HotSchedules, make sure to also check the HotSchedules Integrations section bellow.
HotSchedules Customer Integrations
You will need to add the following IP prefixes into your existing whitelisting. IP prefixes are recommended in place of white-listing based on particular new IP addresses, to help simplify implementation whilst providing protection against future change or future requirements.
Multiple ranges are required as we operate our platform across multiple locations in multiple regions to ensure the scalability and availability of service.
These prefixes should be whitelisted for access to HotSchedules on TCP ports 80, 443 and 8020.
Any customer or 3rd parties that integrate with our services.hotschedules.com API will need to ensure that any white-listing is prepared as above. As an API endpoint this is however much less likely subjected to white-listing.
If you also integrate with the HotSchedules SFTP service, you will need to add TCP port 22 to the above list of ports.
Our SFTP service will be receiving a new FQDN (hs-sftp.hotschedules.com) which will point to the new cloud service within the above ranges. We strongly recommend connecting to our SFTP service via FQDN (rather than IP address) to ensure the availability of our services.
HotSchedules Mobile Applications
- REST commands over HTTP: Ports 80 and 443, to hotschedules.com.
- Incoming: HTML (XML REST responses) - Ports 80 and 443, from hotschedules.com
- Outgoing: TCP/IP and UDP, to hotschedules.com
Get Help/WalkMe - Interactive User Guide in HotSchedules
- Ports 443 and 80
- https://d3b3ehuo35wzeh.cloudfront.net/* - Access to our content on the WalkMe servers.
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.maketutorial.com/users/f0277db1e1264198a57c9bd7d6444a64/* - Access to the WM data allocation within Amazon cloud services.
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/peta.walkme.com/* - Same as above; Different set of operating files.
- http://walkme.external.s3.amazonaws.com IU - Improves load times
- https://d3sbxpiag177w8.cloudfront.net - Improves load times
- http://vimeo.com/* - Video hosting for WalkMe
- *.playerserver.walkme.com - WalkMe analytics
- *.recorder-assets.getjaco.com - WalkMe content
- *.video.hotschedules.com - WalkMe content
- *.ec.walkme.com - WalkMe analytics
- *.cdn.walkme.com - WalkMe content
It is highly likely that you will need to make slight changes to your network configuration to ensure a successful HotSchedules integration.
- You need Windows admin rights on your POS to grant remote access to our technicians, and any firewalls that would prevent remote access need to be disabled for the appointment
- Port 8020 on your POS must be open for outbound traffic
- The following websites must be unblocked/whitelisted:
- https://ws.hotschedules.com (220.127.116.11) (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://soap.hotschedules.com (18.104.22.168) (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://download.citrixonline.com (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://developer.bodhi.space/ (outbound and inbound, if downloading the installer locally)
- https://rbcplatform.artifactoryonline.com/ (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://hotschedules.io (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://api.hotschedules.io (port 443 outbound and inbound)
- https://api.hotschedules.com (port 443 outbound and inbound)
Please note: Reveal, HS Inventory and Legacy platform customers still need to have the following website unblocked/whitelisted:
Your computer management company or network management company may need to set LANDESK to the proper mode (eg. learning mode) to allow for the installation.
HotSchedules Talent Development: Schoox
Functionality #1: Access to Schoox
- Domain: *.schoox.com (http://schoox.com/)
Description: This domain will allow access to Schoox platform.
Functionality #2: Upload Content
- Domain: - *.filepicker.io (http://filepicker.io/)
- Subdomains included: https://dialog.filepicker.io - https://www.filepicker.io - http://api.filepicker.io
Description: This domain will allow the module to Upload Documents on Schoox to work without any issue.
Functionality #3: Receive Real Time Notifications
- Domain: - *.pusher.com
- Subdomain included: - https://stats.pusher.com
Description: This domain is used to send real time (in app) notifications in Schoox.
Functionality #4: Document Viewer
- https://api.box.com - https://public.boxcloud.com
- https://cdn.polyfill.io/v2/polyfill.min.js?features=Promise - https://cdn01.boxcdn.net/
Description: These domains are used for the Document Viewer functionality.
Functionality #5: Fonts within documents
- *.googleapis.com (http://googleapis.com/)
- excel.officeapps.live.com (http://excel.officeapps.live.com/)
Description: This domain is used in Document Viewer functionality.
Functionality #6: Video Player
- Domain: - https://www.gstatic.com/cv/js/sender/v1/cast_sender.js
Description: Required for videos by the flowplayer video player that we use.
Functionality #7: Google Maps
- Domain: - https://maps.googleapis.com
Description: Required for ILT Events and Course Geo-locking.
Functionality #8: Virtual Classroom Events
Description: Required for GoToTraining Events in Schoox
Description: Required for WebEx events in Schoox.
If you require further assistance in any matter related IP whitelisting, view Contact Us: Customer Support to find out how to reach our support team.