HotSchedules allows users to access two different types of views in the scheduler, SmartView and ClassicView.
Unlike SmartView, which is organized to show you individual days and their time intervals. ClassicView organizes the schedule to give you a view of the entire week. This view most closely resembles the old scheduler.
To access ClassicView follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. After specifying the particular week you would like to view select ClassicView button. This button can be found in the top right hand corner of the scheduler.
- The date being viewed will be shown in the top left hand corner of the schedule. There will also be a calendar button with two double chevrons on either side of it. This is where you can change the date. Clicking either double chevron will move the week forward or back. Selecting the calendar will let you specify a date you would like to view.
- Double-clicking a cell will allow you to insert a shift for that day and employee.
- Once a shift has been saved, it can be dragged from one cell to another. Cells open for this shift will be highlighted in yellow.
- Selecting the drop down arrow to the far right of a schedule name will collapse the schedule in ClassicView.
- ClassicView also gives you the ability to organize the shifts so that they are in order by start time. You can do this by clicking the header for each column. Selecting it once will sort the shifts by the earliest start time and choosing it again will sort the shifts by latest start time.
Unlike ClassicView, which is organized to show you the entire week for a particular date range, SmartView will show you individual days and their time intervals.
To access SmartView follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. After specifying the particular week range, select the SmartView button. This can be found in the top right hand corner of the scheduler. This will change the schedule view.
- Rather than having columns representative of each particular day, SmartView will display a day by day view with the individual time intervals for each.
- You can move a day forward or back by selecting the single chevrons at the top of the schedule. Choosing one of the double chevrons will move the schedule forward or back a week.
- Selecting the calendar will open up a menu where you can specify a particular date you would like to view.
- Holding down Ctrl while moving the scroll wheel on your mouse up and down will zoom in and out on the schedule in SmartView.
- Double clicking on a cell will allow you to insert a new shift for that particular time period.
- Shifts that have been previously saved can be dragged from left to right on their row in SmartView. Doing so will update the shift and show the changed time in blue above the cell.
- When trying to move a shift in Smartview, cells that are eligible for the shift will display in green. If a shift is dragged into a cell that is not green, it will snap back to its original place.
Please note that in SmartView, the House Shift Manager will only display the house shifts for the day selected. So if you are looking at Monday in SmartView, the house shift manager will only display house shifts created for Monday.
Please sign in to leave a comment.